5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manually Leave running boards down to clean them.

BMANN06

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m up in Canada and have left my running boards disabled for winter. (Had issues in winter with power running boards on gms I’ve owned). Anyways warming up and want to wash them but no idea how to manually deploy and leave em down to clean em.

can anybody help me out?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m up in Canada and have left my running boards disabled for winter. (Had issues in winter with power running boards on gms I’ve owned). Anyways warming up and want to wash them but no idea how to manually deploy and leave em down to clean em.

can anybody help me out?
Hi way up there in the great north...if you go into the apps on your screen...then "settings" then I believe it was in "suspension"...i think you will find a selection for running boards to "deploy". I did it a few days ago to clean mine.

Spinar

Reaction score
hey fellow canuck!!
go to page on 8.4 that has controls for seat heaters and mirror dimmer manual control for boards is right there
had my truck for 2 winters now and have had no problems with boards in winter so far.
best addition to truck i think for anyone with short spouse problems lol

RamNV

Reaction score
If you open the door to lower the running board, then put your foot on it and then shut the door...when the running board tries to retract, keep your foot from it doing so, it will stay in the down position. Once you’re done cleaning, simply open and close the door and the running board will reset and close as normal. Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread