5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major water leak from cabin air filter

Lake Man

Reaction score
I bought my fully loaded Laramie 5th gen in Sept 2018. After 42,000 miles, I now have a serious issue of water collecting in what seems to be my ducting behind my dash board. When I drive the truck, the water pours out of my cabin air filter housing. It's a nightmare. I drive around with the cabin air filter out and let the water slowly drain. It seems like there is a gutter clogged in my cowling. The water slowly drips out from my passenger side quarter panel behind the wheel well. Of course the dealer zombies had no idea how to fix it. I tried looking and cleaning (it's never dirty). Does anyone know the location of the cowl drain?? Oh and yes, I too am starting to get the leak above the back power window. Frustrating that the best truck I ever owned is turning into a POS.

natsb

Reaction score
I had similar issue. I could hear the water slushing around behind the dash. When I turned left, I could hear the water rush to the passenger side then pour onto the passenger floor.

The dealer sent the truck to a body shop. They removed the cowling and found the cowling drains were clogged. The drains were cleaned and I have never had the problem again.

I park under a tree, so I need to figure out how to keep all the tree droppings out of the cowling so it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread