5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major cleanup on rear door (vomit)

Jlee28

Reaction score
Longtime lurker here with a 2019 6.5 Quad Cab Laramie.

I have a major cleanup job... Someone threw up all over the rear left door. It managed to get into the rear panels, so I'm not sure what to do beyond remove the 3 bolts. I took the car to get detailed but they didn't do a great job, and now the lock indicator doesn't go all the way down (although still functional, just the locked is = to the normal open and the open is twice as tall as the other doors now), so they made things worse.

A little frustrated, and could really use some help.

Last edited:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You need to get that door panel off and get a hose. I'm sure it got into the carpet as well which you're better off replacing. Next time put chucky in the bed

Jlee28

Reaction score
You need to get that door panel off and get a hose. I'm sure it got into the carpet as well which you're better off replacing. Next time put chucky in the bed

Thanks. Luckily the carpet came out ok, I had some floor protectors on. I can't seem to find any directions on how to pull off the door panel for this generation Ram.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you get it all cleaned up. For then he’ll of it. A lot of places are are doing free interior “ozone treatment”. As long as it targets odors too. Worth a try. I did it on wife’s van when one of my little guys let it fly some months back. It worked

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks. Luckily the carpet came out ok, I had some floor protectors on. I can't seem to find any directions on how to pull off the door panel for this generation Ram.
It is probably similar to previous gens using a series of pop rivets and one or two screws

sd2134

Reaction score
Front Door panel removal, rear should be similar.

Attachments

• Front Door - Door Trim Panel - Removal and Installation.pdf
    854.1 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread