5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maintenance Schedule for 2019 RAM 1500 BigHorn: Discrepancies between what the manual says and the intervals between service provided by the dealer.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Coming up on 5 years of ownership at just 37,000 miles. Looking for what to do at 45k miles, since l like to do everything early. I've replaced the cabin and engine air filters 3 times up to this point. I've only had one appointment that included anything more than a full synthetic oil change, tire rotation and alignment, but I wonder if it was overkill? See below:

June 20th 2022: @ 28,253 miles
-oil change
-tire rotation
-replace cabin air filter
-replace engine air filter
-transfer case fluid service
-all drive line fluid service
-brake system fluid service

RAL

Reaction score
Follow the owners manual. Many dealers upsell relentlessly and you wind up spending money that is not needed.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
T-case is for sure a "check" at 30k. However, that "check" is really a drain and fill. Driveline fluids like front and rear diff oil can go till 40-50k from what I understand unless it's extreme duty.

I'd personally wait on the gear oil.

Also, FWIW, the t-case, front, and rear diff are very easily DIY'd with nothing more needed than a couple sockets/ratchet, and a drain pain.

RAL

Reaction score
A member here who is a tech advised 60k on all driveline fluids.

Users who are viewing this thread