5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maintenance record?

Synergy26

Reaction score
For us who do our own maintenance how do you or what is the best way to record our maintenance? There isn't even a place in the manual like most vehicles. Also is there a preferred way to word the maintenance for warranty purposes, like not wanting to miss or put something on record? TIA

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I use the Fuelly app to track my gas mileage and expenses. Also has a place to log service(s) including taking photos of receipts to prove supplies were purchased.

Rick

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use an excel spreadsheet, but a simple notepad will work. I include in my records....

- Date
- Mileage
- Service performed
- Supplies used & where purchased

Also, photo copy your receipt, especially store receipts easily rub off ink. My first receipt rubbed off in my wallet, luckily I was able to reprint it using Walmart's online receipt finder.

I also keep the old oil filters, I store them in zip lock bags that I then place in the boxes the new filter comes in, makes them easy to store and stack. I also date the box with a marker so I know which oil change that filter came from.

This is all just in case something comes up during the 5 year/60k powertrain warranty. However, in all my years of doing my own oil changes, not once has anyone asked me about my maintenance records for any warranty work. But better to have and not need right :)

Example of my log:

Maintenance Log Example.jpg

Last edited:

borden72

Reaction score
I use an excel spreadsheet, but a simple notepad will work. I include in my records....

- Date
- Mileage
- Service performed
- Supplies used & where purchased

Also, photo copy your receipt, especially store receipts easily rub off ink. My first receipt rubbed off in my wallet, luckily I was able to reprint it using Walmart's online receipt finder.

I also keep the old oil filters, I store them in zip lock bags that I then place in the boxes the new filter comes in, makes them easy to store and stack. I also date the box with a marker so I know which oil change that filter came from.

This is all just in case something comes up during the 5 year/60k powertrain warranty. However, in all my years of doing my own oil changes, not once has anyone asked me about my maintenance records for any warranty work. But better to have and not need right :)

Example of my log:

View attachment 69224
I have this version in Excel for anyone that wants it. It may need to be modified somewhat but should get you started.

Attachments

• Ram Maintenance.png
    Ram Maintenance.png
    388.7 KB · Views: 25

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a CarFax account and enter my maintenance there (in addition to keeping receipts). CarFax has a selection for maintenance that you perform yourself. I decided to track my maintenance there because it seems everyone looks at the CarFax when buying used cars now.

Users who are viewing this thread