5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maintain Battery During Shelter-in-Place

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thought I would share what I'm using to keep my battery charged and monitored during the COVID-19 Shelter-In-Place.

Since I'm able to work remotely and not traveling to work everyday. I wanted to make sure that the truck battery was being charged and monitored during this crisis.
I chose to go with the Granite Digital Charger, Maintainer, Cleaner & Tester - 50 Watt (6 & 12 Volt).

1. It is 50 Watts so it will charge the battery quickly
  2. Uses a pulsing technology to desulfate the battery
  3. Low Voltage Monitor with audible Alarm
Granite-Digital_Batter_Saver1.png

Attachments

• Digital River Battery Saver Manual.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you really consider this as necessary? My tractor starts after storing it for the winter.
It really depends on your truck and your accessories.

I have seen many post in this forum of owners who are having issues with batteries, either due to powered step-sides, air suspension, e-torque drain, USB drains or just faulty batteries from the manufacturer.

I have a Blackvue Dashcam that likes to drain my battery when I do not drive it daily. Even though I put a Power Magic PRO Battery Discharge Prevention Module in place. It still draws down the voltage to low for my comfort.

If your are not having any issues than of course it is not necessary. This posting is for those that might have a need for this charger like me.

LimitedDRP23

Reaction score
Yes I'm driving it but not as often because I'm alternating between the Truck and driving my wifes Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk to the grocery store.
I was also going to suggest airing up the tires if you were thinking it was going to sit for a good while....

It's remarkable the amount of money not being spent on gasoline right now..... One of the markets my company serves is the Oil & Gas and the oil side is dead dead dead..... Lot's of equipment sitting idle.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I have a couple Battery Tenders that I rotate around on my vehicles that don't get driven much. Your battery may start after the vehicle has sat for a while, but using some kind battery maintenance system has helped extend the life of my batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread