5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MAILING ADDRESS FOR RAM HQ

Marusho

Reaction score
Sent letter to Ram Sept. 7, 2018 - see below
I did search this forum and the web, the owner's manuals and the annual report, and was unable to find the address of the Ram headquarters. I have no interest in writing to "Customer Center, PO Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills MI 48321-8004". I do wish to write to the office of the CEO of Ram Brands, Robert Hegbloom.
Any ideas? I intend to state that Ram has a problem, not so much with the sluggish delivery of product, but with their communication with customers, and within the organization.
Sure, I know the CEO won't ever see the letter, but I assume the most competent employees are in HQ, and that one of them may read it.

I like to address people correctly in my correspondence. A Google search shows that virtually everyone refers to Jim Morrison as Head of Ram, though there are smatterings of "Ram Boss" and "leads Ram". I doubt that his job title is "Head o' Ram", so if anybody knows the correct title I'd appreciate learning it. Thanks.
---------------------------------------
I worked for an office named "OIRM". I remember overheariig my boss greeting a visitor with, "Hi, I'm **** head of OIRM". I've never forgotten that. I had hoped to learn Jim Morrison's title, but had to give up and just go with Ram's Head . . . . Here's the text of my letter:
Mr. Jim Morrison, Head of Ram North America
1000 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills MI 48326

Re: Disappointing first experience with Ram
VIN 1C6SRFKT0KN600720 VON 41766853 CASE 34833243

Dear Mr. Morrison,

I'm 73 and I never once considered buying a Chrysler product, until the 2019 Ram 1500 was announced. It seemed to be so thoughtfully designed and the engineers appeared to be dedicated to getting it right; so I decided to give FCA a shot. I ordered a well-equipped Ram Longhorn on May 10, 3 days after the options I wanted became available.

As you read this, 120 or more days have passed. On June 16, 2018, my truck order entered "D1" status, meaning, as I was told, that all materials were on hand and that the only obstacle to its being built was Ram's will to build it.

We early adopters gave up a lot to be the first kid on our block with this model. We had no idea what the cost would be, since we didn't know what, if any, incentives, would be in effect at time of delivery. One of the incentives, a $500 voucher mailed to prospects, expired on August 31.

It turns out that we lost more than just the certainty of a delivery date or a cost. Features which drew us in are falling by the wayside:

• The Bed Utility Group, when ordered with the RamBoxes, includes a Cargo Divider/Extender. Quietly, Ram revised the manuals to eliminate the extender function, and removed the mounting points. The extender function remains on the mechanism, but cannot be used. No explanation is forthcoming and it is baffling, since this identical device has been offered for at least 5 years. It is reported that some purchasers have been offered $395 in compensation.

• It has been revealed that the 360 degree overhead camera view, a useful feature and real party piece, is not actually available when one orders the optional tow mirrors. This was a blunder in the Build & Price web function, which has now been corrected. Most buyers would gladly have foregone the tow mirrors to have the 360 feature, and the right approach would have been for Ram to contact buyers or salespersons when this was discovered, and to offer the choice. Months elapsed between the discovery and production. An alternative still available is for you to offer to swap the mirrors after delivery.

• Buyers are very surprised to find that the expensive air suspension option has less capability when the Off-Road option is ordered than without. Again, had this been explained, some buyers such as myself, might have avoided the Off-Road package.

But the reason I am writing YOU, is to let you know that FCA has let me down, not by taking forever to build a truck, and not for making blunders as outlined above, but by NOT COMMUNICATING. Despite my weekly calls to the Ram agent line, and my case having been "escalated" twice, no one has ever reached out to me. This includes my salesman. At one time FCA had a web-based order tracking system for customers. That system is no longer functional. Even the agents have no access to the tracking system, no apparent knowledge of the order system, and no explanations for any of the anomalies that the system shows (such as regression of status). Every call to an agent requires that person to put the customer on hold while the agent calls another department. The resulting information is always that the status has not changed and there is no estimate, and there is no opportunity for a dialogue with a person familiar with ordering.

If I buy a $5 item on ebay, and have an issue, I expect it to be addressed within hours. I spend $65,000 on your product and you seem to have no appreciation for what that outlay means to me. I hope this is not the beginning of a dysfunctional and regrettable relationship.

Yours truly,

Ralph Walker

cc www.5THGENRAMS.COM forum
(possibly) Phil LeBeau, CNBC transportation reporter

Last edited:

Whynot

Reaction score
Robert Hegbloom is the head of Ram international aka responsible for expanding the Ram brand overseas. Jim Morrison is the head of Ram North America and is the one responsible for US sales, marketing, and strategic operations. It would be more appropriate to address your concerns to him.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
10 second google search...

FCA Headquarters: 1000 Chrysler Dr. Auburn Hills, MI 48326

Marusho

Reaction score

Thanks for the two quick replies. I did not want to assume that Ram HQ was located in this building, since I could find nothing to confirm that; but I will use this address.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score

Yep, it was FCA HQ that got my 1st build scratched & 2nd build done and on the train in 3 days.

RAM15002019

Reaction score
I too need to write to Mr. Robert Hegbloom. I purchased my new 2019 RAM Laramie the last week of November. At that time I was presented the Maximum Care Lifetime Plan booklet by the financial rep. I asked if I could sign-up for it next week and was told yes. With all the electronics in this truck as well as other new features I felt the $4,590 would be well spent for life time coverage as I keep my trucks for 12 to 15 years. I take well care of my vehicles. To make a long story short, when I called the lifetime plan rep I was told it was canceled as of December 1st. I heard there was an outcry by dealers, what would the incentive be for customers to buy a new truck when they had a lifetime warranty. My argument was why couldn't I be grandfathered in since I bought the truck before the cutoff date. Well you know the answer I got. The best now available is 8 years or 75,000 miles for 2723.15, that's the state of florida rate.

harleyrae

Reaction score
and was told aobut the lifetime and as long as i purchased within 12 months I would be fine. Then disappeared and giving us the 8 yr /125000 option for about the same price. NOT HAPPY with my first ever Chrysler purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread