5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow

20GatorBTS

Reaction score
I'll be getting a 2020 BigHorn Hemi next week and I'm looking at mufflers. On my 2015, I have a Magnaflow 12388, its the 24'' one inlet and 2 outlets. I've been looking at videos and seems like the new gen have a 1 inlet and 1 outlet muffler? So in this case, what model Magnaflow should I get? Looking at 24'' or maybe 22". I tow a travel trailer often in the summer time so don't want to go too loud.

GATORB8

Reaction score
If you look at the install instructions for Magnaflows d-fit, it looks like the stocker is a 3/3 offset/offset, which looks like number 14261 in the 24 body.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'll be getting a 2020 BigHorn Hemi next week and I'm looking at mufflers. On my 2015, I have a Magnaflow 12388, its the 24'' one inlet and 2 outlets. I've been looking at videos and seems like the new gen have a 1 inlet and 1 outlet muffler? So in this case, what model Magnaflow should I get? Looking at 24'' or maybe 22". I tow a travel trailer often in the summer time so don't want to go too loud.

The DT muffler is located closer to the middle-rear of the truck, the outlet is connected to piping that goes about a foot or so before it breaks out into a Y-Pipe which then leads to two large resonators and exhaust tips. So it's a single in and out in 3" size. As for length, it shouldn't really matter in terms of fitment, though I assume the longer muffler will help with reduced sound, though the muffler design is most important for that.

Either way, I highly recommend you call your local muffler shop and ask for a recommendation regarding the sound you are after. Everyone here has different opinions on what's loud or quiet or drone, but a muffler shop usually knows exactly the right muffler you need.

2019-ram-1500-fuel-tank-frame-cab-mounts.jpg

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The DT muffler is located closer to the middle-rear of the truck, the outlet is connected to piping that goes about a foot or so before it breaks out into a Y-Pipe which then leads to two large resonators and exhaust tips. So it's a single in and out in 3" size. As for length, it shouldn't really matter in terms of fitment, though I assume the longer muffler will help with reduced sound, though the muffler design is most important for that.

Either way, I highly recommend you call your local muffler shop and ask for a recommendation regarding the sound you are after. Everyone hear has different opinions on what's loud or quiet or drone, but a muffler shop usually knows exactly the right muffler you need.

View attachment 91487
Great advice.

Users who are viewing this thread