5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow Surprise!

20Ram4X

Reaction score
Installed a bolt in Magnaflow can yesterday. The installation went smooth, but I wasn't really sold on the added noise. I thought maybe I'd get used to it. Today I did a 100 mile round trip drive to visit the in-laws and my avg mpg went from 14.5 to 17.5! Sounds great now... 😂

U

User_63152

Installed a bolt in Magnaflow can yesterday. The installation went smooth, but I wasn't really sold on the added noise. I thought maybe I'd get used to it. Today I did a 100 mile round trip drive to visit the in-laws and my avg mpg went from 14.5 to 17.5! Sounds great now... 😂
Amazing how that works.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
so just changing the muffler for you 3mpg more? I thought most folks lost mpg with exhaust mods.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Makes sense You drove slower cause the noise was loud af?
:LOL:Similar to my thought. Maybe he didn't have to run it hard just to hear it like you do with the factory exhaust.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’d like a more free flowing muffler without it being too loud.

20Ram4X

Reaction score
The theory behind it is that if you free up the exhaust flow, the throttle angle is less at a given speed. This may be bro science but my lifetime average of 14.5mpg is slowly creeping up and that's a mix of city/hwy driving. Stoked to put a few more miles on it and see what it does. The Magnaflow sound is pretty mellow although the cold start is a big aggressive.

STR

Reaction score
3 MPG? I’ve never got better MPG from any of my countless exhaust mods as my foot is further on the pedal to enjoy blissful sounds. 38246975-6E35-4BD8-8478-0362CE6D88B0.gif

Users who are viewing this thread