5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow exhaust

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I swapped the Magnaflow for a Borla touring full catback during the summer. I'm also not an MDS guy though I did test it the first day it was installed and I remember it was easy to hear the exhaust note change when the MDS kicked in, though I wouldn't call it an annoying sound.
Why did you end up making the switch?

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Why did you end up making the switch?
A few reasons really. I decided a while ago that I'm going to keep this truck longer than I normally would with the decline of the V8 and more and more twin turbo V6's replacing them (which I'm not interested in). I'm also going to do a custom tune on the truck when my warranty is up so a full catback would support that better. Nothing wrong with the Magnafow but the Borla does sound better to my ears. I did have some fitment issues with the Borla though which shouldn't happen at the price they charge for those!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few reasons really. I decided a while ago that I'm going to keep this truck longer than I normally would with the decline of the V8 and more and more twin turbo V6's replacing them (which I'm not interested in). I'm also going to do a custom tune on the truck when my warranty is up so a full catback would support that better. Nothing wrong with the Magnafow but the Borla does sound better to my ears. I did have some fitment issues with the Borla though which shouldn't happen at the price they charge for those!
Yeah I've been talking myself out of the Borla kit for two reasons, one being fitment second being I don't like the tips. Did you end up selling the Magnaflow exhaust already?

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Yeah I've been talking myself out of the Borla kit for two reasons, one being fitment second being I don't like the tips. Did you end up selling the Magnaflow exhaust already?
I love the 5" Borla tips I think they look awesome. That's subjective though just like sound. I was much happier with the overall look once the install was done. The look of the 5" tips coupled with the resonators gone really enhanced the look of the back of the truck IMO. I do still have the Magnaflow muffler kicking around.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did this increase the interior exhaust noise or cause any exhaust drone?
Yes, You can definitely hear the exhaust in the cab. But it sounds good to me. I did not have any drone but I left all of the resonators in place.

Bob.

Reaction score
Well wish me luck, I just dropped the money for the B2 kit with 5" polished exhaust tips. I will leave the resonators on as I really enjoy the Sirius XM in the truck.
My old truck I had a catback exhaust from Gibson which was very nice. Prices have gone crazy for catback exhaust systems now.

Limo21

Reaction score
I had the 18" Magnaflow muffer installed. It sounds way better than stock, but I think it is still overly quite. I'm taking a run up to Las Vegas later this week. I'll will evaluate if I need to get the resonators removed after my return.

Bob.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have decimal readings on stock exhaust compared to the B2 oval exhausts somewhere?
My system is done but it won't be delivered for this weekend, so I will attempt another project. Sure would like to put this on, I always had duels on all my stuff going back decades. I don't want to grow up.

Moe70

Reaction score
Bob did you get you B2 Oval exhaust on yet and if so how do you like it? I'm torn between that with their 5" tips and a full cat back system from Magna Flow or Borla like their touring ( but have heard a lot of people complain about fitment issues). This seems to be such a hard decision don't want to wake the neighbors or have the wife complaining but want my hemi to sound like a hemi

Bob.

Reaction score
Bob did you get you B2 Oval exhaust on yet and if so how do you like it? I'm torn between that with their 5" tips and a full cat back system from Magna Flow or Borla like their touring ( but have heard a lot of people complain about fitment issues). This seems to be such a hard decision don't want to wake the neighbors or have the wife complaining but want my hemi to sound like a hemi
I have the oval and kept the resonators on. It's fabulous. Not too loud, just a nice tone and off the stop sign it sounds perfect. If you get off of it the sounds go mute just like stock. I had crazy loud in the past and wanted nice but as quiet as possible. This b2 oval fit the bill perfectly. Easy to install, fitment was perfect. I made a silly YouTube video of me riding around with windows up and radio off. There was a lot of traffic, but you can hear it on how it sounds from the inside. Look for 007connecticut it's the last video I uploaded.
Edit to add link of video

Last edited:

Robman700

Reaction score
I just got a 14in Magnaflow installed with resonator delete, nice deep sound and not overly loud on start up. Sounds fantastic under throttle. 727BE055-0F89-40EC-B75B-E210E1F38511.jpeg

Attachments

• 00F1CC91-B850-484F-AC94-61880ED83C7E.jpeg
    00F1CC91-B850-484F-AC94-61880ED83C7E.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

NRitland2

Reaction score
I just got a 14in Magnaflow installed with resonator delete, nice deep sound and not overly loud on start up. Sounds fantastic under throttle.
You delete all three resonators? Sig drone in the cab?

NRitland2

Reaction score
Installed the magnaflow 19433 direct fit muffler (no res deletes) yesterday with my brother in law…
Great quality material and provided parts…Took a little fitting to get it on over the cut portion, a bit of maneuvering with wd40 on the hangers, but fit perfectly.
You listen to tons of YouTube videos on exhaust sound but in person I feel like it always seems to surprise you when it’s your or a friends truck. It sounds great! Low rumble, louder than stock. My wife and sister-in-law were at the tailgate when we cold started it prior to going home last night and the looks on their faces 😳 and comments made the install all the more worth it. The ride home- you barely hear it unless you get on it.. there is very minor drone at low rpms but you have to want to listen to catch/complain about it.
Overall very happy with it.

Limo21

Reaction score
After putting 500+ miles on the truck after the installation of the magnaflow muffler, I decided to have the two resonators removed. Now it really sounds nice!!!

Blkhorn19

Reaction score
After putting 500+ miles on the truck after the installation of the magnaflow muffler, I decided to have the two resonators removed. Now it really sounds nice!!!
You got a video without resonators...

Users who are viewing this thread