5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow exhaust

DomW

Reaction score
Well..... Both Magnaflow and American Trucks are out of stock for the 19433 muffler. Any suggestions or site sponsors I should try?

Jeeper

Reaction score
Solo performance MR300 is what I installed. Love it!
a2bf026849f027bd7095be244ad39744.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

DomW

Reaction score
Well..... Both Magnaflow and American Trucks are out of stock for the 19433 muffler. Any suggestions or site sponsors I should try?
I must have lost my marbles somewhere, American Trucks did NOT cancel my order. I swear they had sent me an email cancelling the order, but the only thing I can find is is an acknowledgement of the order and that it shipped. I just received the exhaust. No one told me how soon after turning sixty that one starts loosing their marbles.🤪 But I don't think my wife would believe me if I said "I don't remember buying that."

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I must have lost my marbles somewhere, American Trucks did NOT cancel my order. I swear they had sent me an email cancelling the order, but the only thing I can find is is an acknowledgement of the order and that it shipped. I just received the exhaust. No one told me how soon after turning sixty that one starts loosing their marbles.🤪 But I don't think my wife would believe me if I said "I don't remember buying that."
Hey, you can always try the denial route.

If that doesn't work, tell her....."OK honey, I found out whats going on with the muffler. A forum I am on says there was a factory defect with the stock muffler that let's carbon monoxide into the cab. Mopar is sending these out as replacements. It only affected a short run so they did not do a full recall. My VIN number indicated it was one of the ones affected. I better get it put on ASAP!"

We can start a cover thread for you if needed. I'm sure we can make it convincing. I'm in for some posts to help with the cover!

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, you can always try the denial route.

If that doesn't work, tell her....."OK honey, I found out whats going on with the muffler. A forum I am on says there was a factory defect with the stock muffler that let's carbon monoxide into the cab. Mopar is sending these out as replacements. It only affected a short run so they did not do a full recall. My VIN number indicated it was one of the ones affected. I better get it put on ASAP!"

We can start a cover thread for you if needed. I'm sure we can make it convincing. I'm in for some posts to help with the cover!

She will respect you more if you own it. I wanted it so I bought it. Hiding stuff brings doubt to areas that don't need doubt cast.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
She will respect you more if you own it. I wanted it so I bought it. Hiding stuff brings doubt to areas that don't need doubt cast.
Booooo.... Where's the fun in that? Party pooper.

Jeeper

Reaction score
How is the volume on a cold start?
it is little loud on cold start....as soon as the idle drops rpm's its fine...no complaints from the neighbors yet...lol

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

navy98

Reaction score
Amazon of all places has the Direct Fit 19433 for $321.88 right now. That's the cheapest I could find. I placed an order for one on 4/26 and it said it could take up to two months to get it, but got it this past Monday the 3rd. Installed it tonight and it sounds great!

DomW

Reaction score
I finally got the MF 19433 installed and it sounds great. Shop man said it fit perfect unlike other brands he has installed. Can't comment on cold starts yet. Wife says it sounds good but I could have bought her a new mixer.

Dep668

Reaction score
Interesting, I was set on picking up a Magnaflow 11229 and getting it welded on (Oval muffler, similar to muffler found on B2 Fab oval bolt on kit).

I currently have an MBRP 3" round bolt on muffler, and the in cabin resonance is horrific at cruise on the highway. I have 3.21 gearing which may play a factor.

I may give the 19433 bolt on a try. I was under the impression that an oval muffler may be less prone to drone. And quieter. But it looks like from feedback, this model is on the quieter side, with little to no drone. Any idea how it would compare to an oval magnaflow offering?

Glarensen

Reaction score
I've had that muffler on my truck for quite some time now and I would have to give it a 2.5/3 out of 5 on the loudness meter (compared to stock). We all hear differently for sure. It's a much deeper exhaust note than stock and it sounds really good when you're on the outside of the truck. It's much louder on cold starts compared to stock. On the inside, it can be pretty quiet when you're driving sensible (kid's have no trouble sleeping) but you can hear it when you walk on it even though the cab on these trucks is very well insulated. This particular kit is perfect for people who live in a residential area, though your neighbors will have no trouble hearing it start on a cold winter morning.
How it it when MDS kicks in?

HydroRebel

Reaction score
How it it when MDS kicks in?
I swapped the Magnaflow for a Borla touring full catback during the summer. I'm also not an MDS guy though I did test it the first day it was installed and I remember it was easy to hear the exhaust note change when the MDS kicked in, though I wouldn't call it an annoying sound.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't planning on buying an exhaust today. Magnaflow has been ordered. These kinds of threads should come with a warning, "This thread may cause an uncontrollable urge to buy something."
Dang it, just happened to me too. I was just curious, but I ended up just buying it :cautious:

Users who are viewing this thread