5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow exhaust

Kob0583

Reaction score
Anybody running one? Hear about mopar borla etc. just curious what other think about the MF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody running one? Hear about mopar borla etc. just curious what other think about the MF.

I did a swap on the stock OEM muffler with B2 Fabrication Bolt on DR-06 Moderate; it was exactly the low throaty sound and deep tone I was looking for with this truck.

Left all of the resonators.

This muffler is similar to the Magnaflow muffler.

https://www.b2fabrication.com/product...

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

I have the MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust (19430) w/5" Black Tips. I don't notice drone at all in the cabin and like the throaty sound with no cracking (if you hear any cracking it's your monitor as my AOC ones do that when I play any exhaust clips). It's a nice rumble but not super loud. I've attached a cold-start clip and a quick vid from inside the cabin to help. On the inside clip, I had the music off and the A/C was on high as it's hot here in Texas :)

Cold-Start

Cabin Clip

Kob0583

Reaction score
I have the MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust (19430) w/5" Black Tips. I don't notice drone at all in the cabin and like the throaty sound with no cracking (if you hear any cracking it's your monitor as my AOC ones do that when I play any exhaust clips). It's a nice rumble but not super loud. I've attached a cold-start clip and a quick vid from inside the cabin to help. On the inside clip, I had the music off and the A/C was on high as it's hot here in Texas :)

Cold-Start

Cabin Clip

I like it, I think I’m going to run the same set up had one on a previous truck and liked it, not to loud, maybe a little to quit on the inside sometimes but I can live with that, nice tone.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Cold-Start

Cabin Clip
I would think a full cat-back would be much less likely to have drone (simply because it’s been designed and tuned for this application). Thanks for sharing.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I went with the Magnaflow 19433 cut and clamp. Easy to install and turned out to be perfect for what I was looking for. I live in a residential area and didn't want to be that guy plus I have 3 small kids that like to sleep on long drives! This kit gives a nice deep rumble, you can hear it when you walk on it but it's pretty quiet at highway speeds driving sensible and no drone. An yes I left the resonators on. Here's a short clip:

Reaction score
I went with the Magnaflow 19433 cut and clamp. Easy to install and turned out to be perfect for what I was looking for. I live in a residential area and didn't want to be that guy plus I have 3 small kids that like to sleep on long drives! This kit gives a nice deep rumble, you can hear it when you walk on it but it's pretty quiet at highway speeds driving sensible and no drone. An yes I left the resonators on. Here's a short clip:

I really liked the sound of that and decided to go with it, :( says it doesn't fit the Laramie Sport, why would the sport have different exhaust?

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I really liked the sound of that and decided to go with it, :( says it doesn't fit the Laramie Sport, why would the sport have different exhaust?

Good question, unfortunately I can't answer it. I double checked on Magnaflow's website and you're right it does say it won't fit Laramie Sport and I don't understand why either. I never crawled up under a Laramie Sport but considering it says it will fit a Laramie but not sport is rather odd. I would think they all have the same exhaust system? Maybe a mistake on their website? I would send Magnaflow an email and see what they say as I'm currently baffled by this as well. Maybe someone else on here can shed some light?

HydroRebel

Reaction score

I checked another few sites and some don't let you select trim levels and they basically say this muffler will fit all 5th gen rams. Anxiously awaiting the official answer though. It doesn't make sense that they would use the same exhaust system on all trim levels but use a different system for the Laramie sport.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score

So, how are you liking the 19433 so far? Your video caught my attention right when I was ready to pull the trigger on the B2 Moderate. My concern is the B2 doesn't seem much, if any, louder than stock. I noticed on the Magnaflow web site that they are rating this as more mild than their cat back system. I find that hard to believe since its a smaller muffler; I guess maybe the resonators keep it at bay. I know that you said no drone, but does it have any annoying qualities when MDS is engaged? I want a little rumble; but nothing loud and "over the top".

HydroRebel

Reaction score
So, how are you liking the 19433 so far? Your video caught my attention right when I was ready to pull the trigger on the B2 Moderate. My concern is the B2 doesn't seem much, if any, louder than stock. I noticed on the Magnaflow web site that they are rating this as more mild than their cat back system. I find that hard to believe since its a smaller muffler; I guess maybe the resonators keep it at bay. I know that you said no drone, but does it have any annoying qualities when MDS is engaged? I want a little rumble; but nothing loud and "over the top".
I can't comment on the B2 or the full magnaflow catback as I haven't heard either in person. The 19433 muffler does give a nice deep rumble on the exterior of the truck and is quite a bit louder than stock on the outside. On the inside its not that loud unless you walk on it which is exactly what I was looking for with no drone.

I'm not much of an MDS guy but I did test it. With the stock exhaust I couldn't hear anything to let me know i was in and out of MDS. With the 19433 you can hear it kick in and out of MDS but I don't find it annoying. Same as keeping it in MDS you can hear a difference but I don't find it annoying.

Based on your needs I think you will be quite happy with the 19433.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Have 19429 full exhaust and feel it is the right choice for myself. I live close to neighbors, have a pregnant wife and 15 month old and I back up to my garage which is opened slightly for the outdoor cat to come in - the truck is slightly loud on cold starts and will echo the garage and part of house.

I wanted the borla touring but was just too loud even with additional borla resonator.

One of these weeks i will get sound clips with the niosh app. It is quiet when idle on highway, notable when under load or accelerating but not obnoxious. No drone other than a smidge of choppiness with MDS activated.

I would make the purchase again, just note the driver tail pipe is a bit wonky from the factory.

FishOn

Reaction score
I run the MF D-Fit unit... Easy to install alone and IMO is the perfect "mellow but ballsy" growl...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I like Magnaflow...haven't put one on the RAM yet. I'm told that if you keep the resonators a 14 or 18 inch muffler is the best bet.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have 19429 full exhaust and feel it is the right choice for myself. I live close to neighbors, have a pregnant wife and 15 month old and I back up to my garage which is opened slightly for the outdoor cat to come in - the truck is slightly loud on cold starts and will echo the garage and part of house.

I wanted the borla touring but was just too loud even with additional borla resonator.

One of these weeks i will get sound clips with the niosh app. It is quiet when idle on highway, notable when under load or accelerating but not obnoxious. No drone other than a smidge of choppiness with MDS activated.

I would make the purchase again, just note the driver tail pipe is a bit wonky from the factory.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I have the magnaflow system, and jokingly so I used to categorize it on here as "the exhaust system that you would want if you had a wife that was sensitive to loud exhaust, and neighbors you liked." :ROFLMAO:

It's very tame, while still being an aftermarket exhaust. I got under the truck and measured it one day, I believe it's their 22" unit.

The drone management is very good, but still breathes well when you really get on it on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread