5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow 11229 Installed

badzdad

Reaction score
I after some Amazon Associates money I got last month I ordered the 11229 based on some recommendations here since I was looking at the set up from B2. I got it installed today. I've only been able to drive it twice for about 20min each. Overall...super impressed with how quiet it is at highway speeds. It definitely adds some more grumble in the lower end. I was honestly expecting it to be a bit louder. Perhaps it will perc up a bit as sit burns in over the next few hundred miles. Mixed with the AFE Momentum GT air intake it definitely has a good sound when you get on it.

A local small shop was able to weld in the muffler for $40. I was shocked at how cheap the install was.

Attachments

• IMG_20190829_164211.jpg
    IMG_20190829_164211.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20190829_164342.jpg
    IMG_20190829_164342.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 136

badzdad

Reaction score
I do too many long hours driving in the truck for straight pipes, but agree....could be louder lol

jokal

Reaction score
I'd like to get one of these and have it installed somewhere where I could just make an appointment and have it done. I checked w/ a local place and they said it would be like $325 and they would need my truck all damn day. If anyone knows a good place around Austin TX please let me know!

Captain Stack

Reaction score
I installed the B2 Fabrications Magna flow muffler on my truck in about an hour. It is definitely not a DRAMATIC increase in sound, but is a nice grumble at idle and sounds great when you get into the gas pedal. The most dramatic thing I noticed is the increase in MPG of about .3 to .5 MPG.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I also have the B2 setup. Have about a thousand miles on it so far. Mine has gotten a tad quieter compared to new, which I def like. It has the perfect note in my opinion. Nice grumble and darn quiet, cruising at highway speeds. When I punch it, it comes alive. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread