5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Made the switch too

RossoWheelson

Reaction score
Hello all,

This my last stop of owning trucks of the big 3 (we won't count the year of owning a very used Subaru Baja).

Started out with the Avalanche in 2005 and loved the air suspension introduced in later models. Then transitioned into the homily but reliable F-150s. Have been looking at the RAM since 2011 due to its appearance and air suspension but never had good luck with RAM salespeople. Every couple of years I would test drive a RAM, show interest, and then something would go wrong in the sales process. I could write a book on the characters and dealer tactics encountered. I would end up at my small local Ford dealer (that has had the same mostly honest salesman for 15 plus years) buying a consolation prize.

The spike in trade values and pandemic seemed to be a dousing of cold water that my local RAM dealer needed. Did not start so well. The kid sent me off on a test drive. Then ignored me when I said I liked the truck but wanted to do further negotiations online. After 10 days of negotiating with things getting escalated to the sales manager, the 2021 Limited was mine.

Most comfortable ride of all the trucks I have had. Can't wait for my 3000 mile road trip in a couple of months.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello all,

This my last stop of owning trucks of the big 3 (we won't count the year of owning a very used Subaru Baja).

Started out with the Avalanche in 2005 and loved the air suspension introduced in later models. Then transitioned into the homily but reliable F-150s. Have been looking at the RAM since 2011 due to its appearance and air suspension but never had good luck with RAM salespeople. Every couple of years I would test drive a RAM, show interest, and then something would go wrong in the sales process. I could write a book on the characters and dealer tactics encountered. I would end up at my small local Ford dealer (that has had the same mostly honest salesman for 15 plus years) buying a consolation prize.

The spike in trade values and pandemic seemed to be a dousing of cold water that my local RAM dealer needed. Did not start so well. The kid sent me off on a test drive. Then ignored me when I said I liked the truck but wanted to do further negotiations online. After 10 days of negotiating with things getting escalated to the sales manager, the 2021 Limited was mine.

Most comfortable ride of all the trucks I have had. Can't wait for my 3000 mile road trip in a couple of months.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck .

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, glad you waited your salesman out!

Users who are viewing this thread