5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M/T Baja Boss AT

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
Hello, quick question for the folks running on Baja Boss ATs - would you absolutely go with an LT tire (not pulling a trailer every single day) or keep with an SI tire. Also, is there much difference in the sidebiters on the LTs? A little more aggressive maybe?

Thank you

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the LT version for mine, about 13k miles ago, as I tow (heavy for a 1500) a few times per year and it's usually for hundreds of miles each way.

It's a harsher ride, the tires hum after getting some miles on them, and I lost about 1/2 mpg. I'm sure there's some acceleration loss too, but I did not notice it. That being said, they handle great in all weather conditions (rain, snow, sun, etc) and they felt less squirmy while towing.. if that makes sense.

20230428_160249.jpg

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
I went with the LT version for mine, about 13k miles ago, as I tow (heavy for a 1500) a few times per year and it's usually for hundreds of miles each way.

It's a harsher ride, the tires hum after getting some miles on them, and I lost about 1/2 mpg. I'm sure there's some acceleration loss too, but I did not notice it. That being said, they handle great in all weather conditions (rain, snow, sun, etc) and they felt less squirmy while towing.. if that makes sense.

View attachment 177880
Makes total sense, thank you. I ordered some and thought that I ordered LTs but they are not. Sidebiters seem smaller to me compared to what I’ve seen on LTs (only in YT videos, haven’t seen them up close). That’s not a make or break deal for me, I only tow a few times per year. I was, however, hoping the sidebiters were more aggressive. If you’re spending almost 2k might as well get what you want, you know? How would you say these compare for depth on the biters? Fresh install this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_5943.jpeg
    IMG_5943.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5941.jpeg
    IMG_5941.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 48

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
I’ve nearly lost my mind scouring through info about tires, but, worth it in the end.

In case anyone wants to know, buy LT if you prefer more aggressive looking tires and are comfortable with the trade-off in performance.

Attachments

• IMG_5946.png
    IMG_5946.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 33

Rightside

Reaction score
How much noise they put out? I had Ridge Grapplers and they drove me crazy. I worry about added weight and issues also.

Users who are viewing this thread