5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M&R Automotive Fog Lights Wiring

Beardslow

Reaction score
I'm looking at installing a set of M&R Automotive dual function fog lights on my tuck and was wondering if anyone had experience with using a different fog light on OEM plug. M&R says to run their fog light to an aux switch because of amp draw, but I would like to keep mine running off the factory switch in the truck. Their site says 1.7 amps per light and I wouldn't think that would overload the factory circuit. Also, I'd want the amber lamp in the fogs to my factory DRL circuit. Anyone know an easy/clean way to steal power from DRL circuit? So questions are, would these lights overload the factory fog light control wiring/circuit and how would someone easily tie into the DRL circuit for power?

Thanks

2021+ RAM TRX 40in LED LIGHT BAR/M&R Automotive

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd just use relays. Safest bet. Use your fog light trigger wire as your trigger for the relay. That'll still cause the lights to function with the factory fog light button, but won't be drawing the load from the fog circuit.

tcooke247

Reaction score
I'm looking at installing a set of M&R Automotive dual function fog lights on my tuck and was wondering if anyone had experience with using a different fog light on OEM plug. M&R says to run their fog light to an aux switch because of amp draw, but I would like to keep mine running off the factory switch in the truck. Their site says 1.7 amps per light and I wouldn't think that would overload the factory circuit. Also, I'd want the amber lamp in the fogs to my factory DRL circuit. Anyone know an easy/clean way to steal power from DRL circuit? So questions are, would these lights overload the factory fog light control wiring/circuit and how would someone easily tie into the DRL circuit for power?

Thanks

2021+ RAM TRX 40in LED LIGHT BAR/M&R Automotive
What did you end up doing ? I'm looking to do the same as what you described

Beardslow

Reaction score
What did you end up doing ? I'm looking to do the same as what you described
I decided against doing anything with the fog lights. Didn't want to cut into my stock wiring and at the cost, I'd rather do a Ready Lift SST lift kit instead of fog lights.

UnclJim

Reaction score
I decided against doing anything with the fog lights. Didn't want to cut into my stock wiring and at the cost, I'd rather do a Ready Lift SST lift kit instead of fog lights.
just a thought you could depin the plug and make a plug set up of your own, then run a relay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread