5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lvl 2 equipment group and advanced safety group

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I got the level 2 for the CD player. Awesome new tech.

Kidding of course. Probably will never use it so it could just as well be a credit card holder.

That said I like the ASG and would do it again. The reverse brakes saved me once from backing into my garage door already. Lane assist is nice with kids in the car. Surround view is nice. ACC is good in highway traffic. All good.

Jackham

Reaction score
Advanced safety group, air bags, and seat belts and crash rating are the most important part of the truck. All else comes second.

My Uncle nodded off and hit a gravel truck from behind. This ASG would have easily saved him. Sometimes we get our priorities a bit confused.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I knew a guy that was behind a large truck and turned his head the instant the truck slammed on his brakes. He saw the truck and veered into the opposing lane to avoid rear ending the truck just as a motorcycle was passing the truck in the oncoming lane. It didn’t happen to me but even though it was deemed an accident I saw a grown man cry when recalling that day and that weighed deeply on me. ACC would have saved a mans life that day and again while I think I’m always paying attention it only takes a split second so why not have a computer assisted copilot if you have the means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slimchance

Reaction score
Here is the Level 2 Laramie equipment listing, with the items most likely needed for the ASG (due to sensors and computer processing) underlined:

19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control (Front-facing sensor) my level 1 has this
Blind-Spot with Cross-Path Detection (lower sensors) my level 1 has this
Foam Bottle Insert (Door Trim Panel) my level 1 has this
Heated Second-Row Seats
ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop (lower sensors) my level 1 has this
Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers my level 1 has this
Rear Under-Seat Compartment Storage
Remote Tailgate-Release my level 1 has this
Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split-Recline Seat only in crew cab
Single-Disc Remote CD Player my level 1 has this
Tailgate-Ajar Warning Lamp my level 1 has this
Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display (higher power cpu for handling sensors)
RamCharger Wireless Charging Pad

It doesn't sound like much, but note they are all high-tech items wired throughout the vehicle (and requiring strong grounding/shielding from interference)and likely where the majority of the cost lies in the Level 2 package. Most of the remaining is mechanical or low-tech, which is why I roughly guestimated at 25% of the cost.

so from your list above, i noted what my level 1 laramie has, i only miss 5 items ... you can also see my stuff (level 1) vs my wifes stuff (level 2) on my posted pdf ... btw my wifes level 2 does NOT have the rear under seat compartment storage at level 2

Chris

Reaction score
so from your list above, i noted what my level 1 laramie has, i only miss 5 items ... you can also see my stuff (level 1) vs my wifes stuff (level 2) on my posted pdf ... btw my wifes level 2 does NOT have the rear under seat compartment storage at level 2
The Sport is Canadian only; did you purchase in Canada? Canadian packages and prices are different then US.

Edit: Ok, looking at the level 1 package, it seems like the biggest difference is the radio, which seems odd; I guess since the level 2 overrides the level one instead of requiring, they relist everything. Based on that, the level 1 looks like a hell of a deal and the level 2 a bit pricey just to get the better radio/computer.

Last edited:

slimchance

Reaction score
i bought a US model in PA .. i checked the window stickers for both trks and made this pdf posted below ... for $2000 more you get the stuff listed in yellow in my pdf

Attachments

• window sticker difference level 1 vs level 2.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 21

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
i bought a US model in PA .. i checked the window stickers for both trks and made this pdf posted below ... for $2000 more you get the stuff listed in yellow in my pdf

The window sticker has changed - for the L2 it also has the 19 speaker HK system.

If you have L1 for Laramie and get the 8.4 Nav option for $795, you'll get everything you highlighted in yellow.

JMO it's greedy of FCA they force you to spend 3k to upgrade from L1 - L2 to have the privilege of the ASG when you get some of the features, and very likely all of the necessary sensor technology with the L1 + Nav.

grinch72

Reaction score
it was the difference between $90 a month and $57 a month for my insurance.
So in your case $33 a month, just under $400 a year. Five years later that's a saving of close to $2000!

slimchance

Reaction score
the window sticker and the build sheet is very different .. IF you use the build sheet there are several differences besides wife's trk is sport (no chrome $54,895) and mine has chrome ($52,455)

Attachments

• compare list 2ram trks.pdf
    30.5 KB · Views: 7

Chris

Reaction score
the window sticker and the build sheet is very different .. IF you use the build sheet there are several differences besides wife's trk is sport (no chrome $54,895) and mine has chrome ($52,455)
Interesting, I wonder what "Special Scheduling Condition VII" and "Priority Tracking" are, if they are in fact part of the Level 2 package.

jkratze1

Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie has the Level 1 and it also has the 8.4 Uconnect 4C with Nav option. The only features I am missing from the Level 2 is the underseat rear storage, heated second row seats, wireless charging, and Harmon Kardon system. I could not justify getting the Level 2 for those extra features alone. I would have liked the ACC and 360 cameras out of the ASG however but I had to have a limit on how much I was willing to spend on a new truck.

Users who are viewing this thread