5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lurking is finally over! Order took 3 full months but well worth the wait.

skyj007

Reaction score
Ordered 8/2, arrived the dealer 11/2 and picked up 11/5.

22 Big Horn with Backcountry package. Paid about 5% off invoice. Got a decent trade in offer for my 21 Grand Cherokee L limited (lost about 7% in 14 months and 12.5K miles). Chrysler Capital offered great rates - 0 for 48, 1.9 for 60 and 2.9 for 72. Easily the best car buying experience thanks to my folks at Five Star CDJR in Warner Robins, Ga.

Kids are as happy as daddy. Wife is unsure about the 2 tone color but loves the space while still prefer her 22 Sienna 😂. Me myself have been taking every opportunity to drive it and love it so much.

Among some Lexus and Mercedes that I had owned before this is by far the most powerful yet comfortable ride so far - and it’s only a lower trim level, can’t imagine how much better it gets on higher trims (well I do miss the 360 Cameras and Ventilated seat).

Seat is comfortable. Alpine stereo rocks like usual. 12 inch screen with full screen wireless Carplay is magnificent. Road manner is much better than any truck I drove before. Hemi never feels lack of power. Stop/Start on the eTorque is smooth as silk. Brake is on the softer side but very confident. Exhaust sounds phenomenal already from factory. Mopar Tri-fold tonneau cover is more weather proof than I thought. Falken Wild Peak looks great and rides better even on paved road. Led package is great value and is as bright as it can be. Gas mileage is around 16-17 90% local so no complaints.

Anyway, no regrets other than didn’t get this truck earlier. If I were to pull the trigger 6 months ahead, I could’ve saved myself 5-6K cash easily. Now it’s time to enjoy and can’t wait to tow my camper with it and go to places.

2A909EEE-45AD-487C-8F0A-B855854687FE.jpeg 79395FCB-B4C1-4693-947B-AB98043378E0.jpeg F8DA78EA-E828-4A52-A2BA-E7B05D0AD5EA.jpeg A5F1B046-33F9-4AE0-81C8-EBB312D4901D.jpeg BFF26380-D83F-4AB3-A7ED-95FA69158A3E.jpeg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck! I went in to order pretty much the same truck, but silver. However, the Rebel I bought had just rolled off the transport and I didn't want to wait.

gofishn

Reaction score

22 Big Horn with Backcountry package. Paid about 5% off invoice. Got a decent trade in offer for my 21 Grand Cherokee L limited (lost about 7% in 14 months and 12.5K miles). Chrysler Capital offered great rates - 0 for 48, 1.9 for 60 and 2.9 for 72. Easily the best car buying experience thanks to my folks at Five Star CDJR in Warner Robins, Ga.

Kids are as happy as daddy. Wife is unsure about the 2 tone color but loves the space while still prefer her 22 Sienna 😂. Me myself have been taking every opportunity to drive it and love it so much.

Among some Lexus and Mercedes that I had owned before this is by far the most powerful yet comfortable ride so far - and it’s only a lower trim level, can’t imagine how much better it gets on higher trims (well I do miss the 360 Cameras and Ventilated seat).

Seat is comfortable. Alpine stereo rocks like usual. 12 inch screen with full screen wireless Carplay is magnificent. Road manner is much better than any truck I drove before. Hemi never feels lack of power. Stop/Start on the eTorque is smooth as silk. Brake is on the softer side but very confident. Exhaust sounds phenomenal already from factory. Mopar Tri-fold tonneau cover is more weather proof than I thought. Falken Wild Peak looks great and rides better even on paved road. Led package is great value and is as bright as it can be. Gas mileage is around 16-17 90% local so no complaints.

Anyway, no regrets other than didn’t get this truck earlier. If I were to pull the trigger 6 months ahead, I could’ve saved myself 5-6K cash easily. Now it’s time to enjoy and can’t wait to tow my camper with it and go to places.

View attachment 143559 View attachment 143560 View attachment 143561 View attachment 143562 View attachment 143564

Oh My God those kids are Cute.
Can;t be yours.
Can't be.

skyj007

Reaction score
Nice truck! I went in to order pretty much the same truck, but silver. However, the Rebel I bought had just rolled off the transport and I didn't want to wait.
My first choice was also a Rebel, but at the time of ordering (8/2) all I can add is level 1 and no level 2, no rebel 12 etc on the 22 builds. The trade in offer was too good to pass so here we’re. Believe or not this has a lot of similarities with a moderately equipped Rebel.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 143559 View attachment 143560 View attachment 143561 View attachment 143562 View attachment 143564
Very nice! If you don’t mind me asking, how much was invoice, and how much did you pay out the door?

skyj007

Reaction score
Very nice! If you don’t mind me asking, how much was invoice, and how much did you pay out the door?
Invoice was about 596xx, paid about 56800+ 799 dealer doc fee + Tax(6.6%) here in Ga. I had a trade in so only paid the tax on the difference of trade and purchase which was 6 hundred bucks.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Invoice was about 596xx, paid about 56800+ 799 dealer doc fee + Tax(6.6%) here in Ga. I had a trade in so only paid the tax on the difference of trade and purchase which was 6 hundred bucks.
Thanks! That’s a pretty good deal. I’m planning on ordering one within the next 6 months or so. I only recently gave the Backcountry a good look. It’s a nice package. I’m not interested in paying $70-$75K for a truck. Plus I like the color options that are available, but not available on Night Edition. I also think the two-tone looks good and makes them standout.

skyj007

Reaction score
Thanks! That’s a pretty good deal. I’m planning on ordering one within the next 6 months or so. I only recently gave the Backcountry a good look. It’s a nice package. I’m not interested in paying $70-$75K for a truck. Plus I like the color options that are available, but not available on Night Edition. I also think the two-tone looks good and makes them standout.
The msrp has increased again compared to the time of order and delivery by about 1k. If I order the same thing 6 months earlier the difference could be 4-5K. Trucks are getting crazily expensive just like anything else.

But yeah the backcountry package has great value as a “Rebel Lite” - either this or the built to serve for Big Horns.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The msrp has increased again compared to the time of order and delivery by about 1k. If I order the same thing 6 months earlier the difference could be 4-5K. Trucks are getting crazily expensive just like anything else.

But yeah the backcountry package has great value as a “Rebel Lite” - either this or the built to serve for Big Horns.
It’s sickening that $60k is now considered to be cheap. I refuse to pay $70-80k for a truck.

gofishn

Reaction score
It’s sickening that $60k is now considered to be cheap. I refuse to pay $70-80k for a truck.

Know how many people have said that?
About darn near everything?

Gonna save that post, set it aside and hope I live long enough to bring it back up,
when you crow about your new $70K truck.

Tell you now, it will flat out make my day.
Help to offset teh pain I felt when I paid $30K for a truck
Then $40k
Then $50 K
then......

know what the hurt the worst?

Paying $60K+++ for a Hot Rod Ford Explorer ST that my Wife had no idea what she was buying but, KNEW she had to have it because it was such a puetty Blue and she loved it.

She'll never use it, properly, and I'm too crippled, to truly enjoy it.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! Question for you.... do you think the BackCountry logo on the tailgate below the 4x4 emblem was a dealer add on? Picked up mine in early September and I don't have that. I only have the one on the glovebox.

Users who are viewing this thread