5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lurking - introduction

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been lurking in here for a while. I live in the Midwest, and am in my mid-late 30's. Learned to drive on a 1995 Dakota sport, 5-speed, reg cab. Transitioned into Jeeps during college/post college. After I settled down and had kids, I switched to sedans, which I've been driving for the last 12 years. Now I am really itching to get back into a truck, since they have become much more family-friendly. Always been a fan of Mopar, especially Dodge/Ram pickups, but was really excited when the Gladiator was finally released, as I thought that would be good compromise between size, utility, etc. And it really seems to fit the bill except for one thing: price. For basically the same price, you can get a similarly equipped half-ton Ram which is much larger, but the extra space is quite usable.

I have general rule not to buy the first model year of any vehicle, so i'll be looking at a getting a 2020 MY but will likely wait until December to get the best deal. I will likely end up having to order this truck, as I do want a pretty specific list of options: Billet silver Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5.7 non-etorque, 3.92, North Edition, Level 2, premium light group. Don't really want the the 20's that are offered on this package, though I do like the Laramie sport 20's. Also don't really want the BSG because I think that eliminates the heated mirrors?

Anyway, just thought I would officially drop in and say hello. I don't post to forums often, but I appreciate the vast amount of information and knowledge of this forum. Looking forward to posting more as I get closer to pulling the trigger. If anyone has any suggestions or tips about options or packages, I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks,

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like you’ve done your research! The gang here will certainly answer any other questions you may have. Welcome :p

Users who are viewing this thread