5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lug nut recommendations for aftermarket wheels

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
Looking for black lug nut recommendations for aftermarket wheels. What do you all recommend?

MO Rebel

Reaction score
The best way to buy is find the correct part number on McGard’s website, but don’t buy direct from McGard. You can usually find them cheaper somewhere else. I usually buy through Summit Racing.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always used Gorilla Lugs. All the lugs require the key so you're not swapping out for 1 lug, and they've held their black color fairly well. I rotate my tires every 5k miles, so they get hit with the impact wrench a lot.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I’ve always heard nothing but good things about Gorilla lug nuts too, I’ve just never used them. They are both guaranteed for life, so you can’t go wrong either way.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mcgard > Gorilla I have had/used both in the past. Mcgards did way better holding up to impact sockets. The coating on the Gorillas did last to long because of that and rusted. Switched to Mcgards and kept those same lug nuts on my Charger, that eventually made it onto my 4th Gen ram, then would of made it on my 5th Gen but I needed spline drive style for the new aftermarket wheels. Just use Mcgard website for the p/n and buy on Amazon or any other reputable vendor for cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread