5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lug Nut Length

hooah09

Reaction score
Hello all, I've got a question regarding the correct lug nut LENGTH for our trucks with aftermarket alloy wheels. I am tracking that we need M14x1.5 lug nuts, and that spline drive lug nuts are typically needed for aftermarket wheels. The only factor left is the length of the lug nut. I have decided that I will probably go with McGard lug nuts, as they seem to be one of the best on the market, even if they are a little pricey.

It appears I have two options to choose from: 1.648" overall length (part number 65315BK) and 1.935" length (65310BK). If I wanted to be safe, I would go with the longer option, but I really do not want to go any longer than I need to. Does anyone know if the 1.648" long lug nuts will work without bottoming out?

For reference, I will be going with Black Rhino wheels, so if anyone else out there who also has BR wheels knows what length lug nut they are using, that would be very useful information. Thanks!

U

User_63152

Here's what you need. ;)

Attachments

• 81lQ55TXkkL._SL1500_.jpg
    81lQ55TXkkL._SL1500_.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 25

Georgf

Reaction score
I would say if you install aftermarket wheels lug nut length may will different then OEM. I have installed one, and length stay shorter. I suggest measure it with new wheels first, then order new nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread