5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lubegard Engine Flush

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone use this? I use the engine lube every change, but never tried this flush.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230519_143349_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230519_143349_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 26

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone use this? I use the engine lube every change, but never tried this flush.
I would be leery of adding anything but a lubricant. I know people used to add kerosene to clean engines. Not me. The best engine internal cleaner I have known of is trans fluid. It has a lot of detergent qualities. Drain a little oil, add a quart or two, drive a day or so, and change the oil. Back in the day, a friend who worked in a trans shop, bought an old beater that was sludged up. He got the trans fluid free, so did a total change, I think 4 times. When he drained it the last time, it came out like fresh clean fluid, and he changed to oil.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the flush, but the Biotech in the blue bottle is pretty good stuff. Lots of moly and esters, some call it poor mans Redline once added to something like Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1.

If you're under 10,000 mile changes and already use Biotech in the blue bottle I wouldn't bother

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do use lubegard and PUP at every oil change and do it about every 7500.

I was impressed with the description of how it cleans and how many people said their oil stays cleaner for longer. I was really hoping some of our resident Ram experts had feedback.

I'm gonna try it next change next week. I'll let you know if I can tell if there are any significant results. It's hard to tell because I add lubegard which tends to make the oil a bit darker anyway. Maybe I'll drive for a few days without fresh lubegard. Don't think I have it in me though. Lol

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Their red bottle transmission stuff works great (but really needs to be added when changing the fluid to not overfill). Never saw the need for using anything in the engine except good synthetic oil changed at appropriate intervals (usually 25% left on OLM or 7500, whichever first).

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I decided to install ditch lights this weekend. I'm at 40% on oil life so I'm gonna wait til I hit 30%. That's her sweet spot. She told me.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the flush. Nothing amazing happened that I'm aware of. Watched the oil drain and nothing different imo but I may do it every so often anyway.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will not use any additive to my oil. It only dilutes the oil mixture. If you need additives to make your oil better you'd be better off just buying better oil in the first place.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was a flush. I do use the lubegard lubricant additive with PUP as well every change.

6of36

Reaction score
If I bought a used vehicle that I didn't know the history, and it could be sludged, I would flush, But I would just use trans fluid. I wouldn't trust snake oils. If you change oil regularly, you never need a flush.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I bought a used vehicle that I didn't know the history, and it could be sludged, I would flush, But I would just use trans fluid. I wouldn't trust snake oils. If you change oil regularly, you never need a flush.
I have personally used BG oil Dynamic Oil flush on some nasty sludged up engines. It works as advertised, stuff is amazing. I agree that if properly taken care of a flush is never needed.

GerryS

Reaction score
In my opinion, you are wasting your money. I had a 2004 GMC with over 100K miles that had a head crack. It was a casting problem. When I replaced the heads, the inside of the engine looked brand new. There was no ring ridge at the top of the cylinders. The crosshatch on the cylinders looked like brand new. There was no sludge.
I ran the truck with Mobil 1 and quality oil filters changed when the truck said it was time. (7-8K intervals).
If you use quality oil and filters changed at the appropriate intervals, your engine will last a long long time. I think you will be replacing the truck for other reasons.

Does the lube that you use meet the oil standards required by the owners manual?
Does the lube that you use play well with the rest of the oil in your truck?

Are you sure?

Gerry

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've always been hesitant about putting anything in the oil. When I use seafoam, I only do it through the vacuum line for the intake and combustion parts, and put the rest in the gas tank.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to do the seafoam thru the vacuum in my 98 Trans Am. Loved it. Those intakes were infamous for build up.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my opinion, you are wasting your money. I had a 2004 GMC with over 100K miles that had a head crack. It was a casting problem. When I replaced the heads, the inside of the engine looked brand new. There was no ring ridge at the top of the cylinders. The crosshatch on the cylinders looked like brand new. There was no sludge.
I ran the truck with Mobil 1 and quality oil filters changed when the truck said it was time. (7-8K intervals).
If you use quality oil and filters changed at the appropriate intervals, your engine will last a long long time. I think you will be replacing the truck for other reasons.

Does the lube that you use meet the oil standards required by the owners manual?
Does the lube that you use play well with the rest of the oil in your truck?

Are you sure?

Gerry
No I'm not sure but there's a few other things in life I'm not too sure about as well. :)

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that a colubrid or an elapid oil?
I do not know what either of those mean. I am far from an oil expert. This forum is my go to. When I first got a Hemi, I was concerned like everyone else about trying to prevent lifter failure, etc. I chose PUP and the biotech based on opinions on this forum. I'm also now using 5w30 PUP instead of 5w20 since my warranty is up in less than 3K. She's still pretty quiet and I sleep ok. :)

Users who are viewing this thread