5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LTD vs Power Wagon

A4Owner

Reaction score
I really want a Power Wagon but I don't think it's going to happen. Many of the apartment buildings in my area are actually smaller than that thing and the fuel economy sort of concerns me. Now I'm obviously not an idiot and so comparing one of those behemoths to my A4 would not be a relevant comparison. So I wanted to ask whether 5.7 LTD owners with the 6'4 bed option get better fuel consumption than a Power Wagon?

Green Streak

Reaction score
My grandpa had an LTD once. It was probably longer than a power wagon, but had loads of trunk space. 😅 You’re better off going half ton 5.7 if gas mileage is a concern. The power wagon 3/4 ton weighs more and has lower gears, which will adversely affect mileage

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I really want a Power Wagon but I don't think it's going to happen. Many of the apartment buildings in my area are actually smaller than that thing and the fuel economy sort of concerns me. Now I'm obviously not an idiot and so comparing one of those behemoths to my A4 would not be a relevant comparison. So I wanted to ask whether 5.7 LTD owners with the 6'4 bed option get better fuel consumption than a Power Wagon?
Agreed, Limited 1500 will get better mileage, and be higher trim level. I was thinking about a 2500, but you can't load them up, like a 1500, and I wanted luxury.

A4Owner

Reaction score
The only thing I keep wondering about 2500s is that transmission tunnel cutting into knee/ankle space??? Like is it just my imagination or do your feet have to sort of sit "off to the side" in a 2500 vs a 1500??? It almost doesn't make sense given how huge 2500s are just sitting their in a driveway or parking lot...you'd think they were cavernous inside.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, Limited 1500 will get better mileage, and be higher trim level. I was thinking about a 2500, but you can't load them up, like a 1500, and I wanted luxury.

HD's are available in Limited so unless you're talking specifically about a Power Wagon, that's incorrect. That said, they're no longer offering the Hemi in a Limited or Longhorn - Cummins only since 2023.

You can "load them up" but can't get the Limited only features like Full grain (real) leather and adaptive projector headlights.

There was a 75th Anniversary PW offered in 2021 that was essentially a Limited with special seating design...

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There was a 75th Anniversary PW offered in 2021 that was essentially a Limited with special seating design...
Looked at one of those before I bought my GT. Really, really liked it, not the least of which because I liked the orange. Problem was that old body style with the orange made it kinda look like a road maintenance vehicle.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looked at one of those before I bought my GT. Really, really liked it, not the least of which because I liked the orange. Problem was that old body style with the orange made it kinda look like a road maintenance vehicle.
They would've gotten my attention, too—if I hadn't already purchased (and started enjoying) my Longhorn.

Users who are viewing this thread