5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LSD or Locker

E.Hands

Reaction score
IMO it's important to mention that if you select the eLocker your only choice of gear ratio is 3.92
Does anyone know for sure what type of LSD is used? Because a torsion ATB doesn't use clutches and therefore doesn't wear out.

Cr250Ram

Reaction score
IMO it's important to mention that if you select the eLocker your only choice of gear ratio is 3.92
Does anyone know for sure what type of LSD is used? Because a torsion ATB doesn't use clutches and therefore doesn't wear out.

Please double check your information. This is NOT the case.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe that it is a clutch pack LSD. Honestly though unless someone is going to be doing continuous burnouts or drifting, I doubt these LSD disks will wear out quickly. Even then, for a "backyard mechanic" it isn't too huge of a job to perform once in the lifetime of the truck.

323F2R

Reaction score
That is the question. I was hoping to find a little info on this. I know a shop near me that can install the e-locker but he doesn’t want to run the electrical. I’m wondering if the wiring is installed on the vehicle and tied off - so adding the the switch would be similar to installing trailer brakes.

Any experience would be appreciated.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is the question. I was hoping to find a little info on this. I know a shop near me that can install the e-locker but he doesn’t want to run the electrical. I’m wondering if the wiring is installed on the vehicle and tied off - so adding the the switch would be similar to installing trailer brakes.

Any experience would be appreciated.
Installing an aftermarket locker if anyone makes one for the DT, should be no problem. Having the OEM e-locker installed will require flashing the computer AFAIK plus changing the drive-mode switch assembly.
edited, site did not like my industry standard abbreviation for an assembly lol.

Last edited:

ocn

Reaction score
When dealer ordered my 2020 eco diesel they were not able to get the locking diff. It has the 3.92 gear. Has anyone installed a locking diff in their 1500 2WD? If so what did you install?

Users who are viewing this thread