5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowering Coil-Overs - Ridetech or Belltech

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve searched the forum and Google and I can‘t really find much info on the Ridetech units. I currently have the Maxtrac 2” front lowering kit, and I’m not really happy with it. I think the struts are just too soft. On dips or humps, the tires rub the wheel wells. Both sides have holes where the tires have worn through. I’m considering front coil-overs, but I have only found 2 options so far. Ridetech says that you must use their upper StrongArms for proper alignment and to correct ball joint angle. I currently have the Maxtrac Camber Arms, so surely those will work with any coil-overs I choose. It seems as though the Belltech might be the better choice based on price and the compression adjustment. I’m just not sold on Belltech. I know they don’t have a great reputation for quality. I’m just curious if anyone can provide any feedback on the Ridetech and Belltech units.

Ridetech - $1,040.00
Aluminum Body, mono-tube design
Adjustable height 1-3”
Adjustable rebound
No compression adjustment

Belltech - $760.00
Steel construction
Adjustable height 1-3”
Adjustable rebound
Adjustable compression

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That Ridetech kit looks sweet! I'd probably opt for Ridetech. I did some research when I was considering going lower and seen complaints about the Belltech ride quality. That's why I was going to use their drop spindles and just pony up for the 20" wheel hubs.

gearhead321

Reaction score
I’ve searched the forum and Google and I can‘t really find much info on the Ridetech units. I currently have the Maxtrac 2” front lowering kit, and I’m not really happy with it. I think the struts are just too soft. On dips or humps, the tires rub the wheel wells. Both sides have holes where the tires have worn through. I’m considering front coil-overs, but I have only found 2 options so far. Ridetech says that you must use their upper StrongArms for proper alignment and to correct ball joint angle. I currently have the Maxtrac Camber Arms, so surely those will work with any coil-overs I choose. It seems as though the Belltech might be the better choice based on price and the compression adjustment. I’m just not sold on Belltech. I know they don’t have a great reputation for quality. I’m just curious if anyone can provide any feedback on the Ridetech and Belltech units.

Ridetech - $1,040.00
Aluminum Body, mono-tube design
Adjustable height 1-3”
Adjustable rebound
No compression adjustment

Belltech - $760.00
Steel construction
Adjustable height 1-3”
Adjustable rebound
Adjustable compression
I started off with the IHC 3/5 drop kit. Looked great but the loss of turning radius event after cutting the stops off was just too much. Kept IHC rear and got the Belltech fully adjustable dropped coil-overs. I could never find the right feel with them. Too stiff or to soft, no in between. I bit the bullet and bought the Belltech drop spindles(had to buy 20" wheel bearings since my truck had 22" from factory) and drop front struts. If I had to do it over again, I think I would try the Ridetech kit. I've used their stuff on a few other projects, and they adjust well. I haven't seen the fully adjustable Belltech coil-overs listed on their web site in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread