5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower grille

Herdfan2334

Reaction score
Maybe this has been ask and if so I apologize. I ordered the Rock country 20”hidden led light bar to go behind my lower grill. I was told it was the part for it but after doing research I realized I have the solid and not see thru grill. I found out there are two and I can order the “see through” one for about $50.
Has anyone removed this lower grill and if so how big a job is it? I’m not the most mechanically inclined and have a limit on what I can do lol.
Thanks in advance

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Well you have to remove the bumper and some brackets to get to this part... It's not a job for someone who's not "mechanically inclined"...
The bumper is heavy and it's very hard to put back even with someone else helping you, so doing it alone is very difficult!
I did it twice and it was not fun. And I do everything when it comes to mods...

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Get a friend or two and do it on the weekend... You're not going to like it but with enough patience, you can get it done. Good luck!

Here's a how-to video:

Herdfan2334

Reaction score
I appreciate it! I’ve done jobs adding electronics (stereos,light bars etc) but that has been the extent. Pulling bumpers off is a whole new beast. I’ll ask some friends about some help. Beer and pizza and make a day of it. Hell, maybe I can learn something lol
If I were to take it to a shop the labor would cost more than the parts (grill and light bar) I figure.
Thanks again!!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate it! I’ve done jobs adding electronics (stereos,light bars etc) but that has been the extent. Pulling bumpers off is a whole new beast. I’ll ask some friends about some help. Beer and pizza and make a day of it. Hell, maybe I can learn something lol
If I were to take it to a shop the labor would cost more than the parts (grill and light bar) I figure.
Thanks again!!
Yeah make a day out of it...
You're welcome!

I was quoted $750 for labor to replace the bumper when someone hit me and left without leaving his broke a$$ info... The bumper cost was $325 back in 2019(Now it's closer to $600 for some reason). That's why I got the bumper and replaced it myself :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/