5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower grille?

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
why is my lower grille solid instead of honeycomb?
i have the v6 e touque
what makes my truck require no vents?

Attachments

• 9349228C-9A8D-4B0E-8012-289E1A6E8B7E.jpeg
    9349228C-9A8D-4B0E-8012-289E1A6E8B7E.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 72
  • A984C36D-6F3C-44B9-91AD-454AE52DB501.jpeg
    A984C36D-6F3C-44B9-91AD-454AE52DB501.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 72

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Subbed for this thread as I'm curious too.

I think only the Rebels and the eco diesels came out with the honeycomb option. On the Rebels though, they have a back screen on them.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's open on the ecodiesel models because the intercooler is behind it. No intercooler, no need for it to be open. My suspicion is that they designed it to be closed for better aero. Open grilles catch air and can affect fuel economy.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's open on the ecodiesel models because the intercooler is behind it. No intercooler, no need for it to be open. My suspicion is that they designed it to be closed for better aero. Open grilles catch air and can affect fuel economy.
I believe you are correct on the Eco Diesel model. Forgot to mention it in my last post.

Well I changed mine out for vented one so I could install a LED Bar. I'll find out if I have any changes.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I believe you are correct on the Eco Diesel model. Forgot to mention it in my last post.

Well I changed mine out for vented one so I could install a LED Bar. I'll find out if I have any changes.
I seriously doubt you'll notice a difference in fuel economy. I'm sure they saw a difference in the wind tunnel during development so they made a decision based on that. Just like with the active air dam and active grille shutters. All of those items combined probably add up to about .5 mpg increase. But the bean counters are always trying to increase fleet fuel economy.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I seriously doubt you'll notice a difference in fuel economy. I'm sure they saw a difference in the wind tunnel during development so they made a decision based on that. Just like with the active air dam and active grille shutters. All of those items combined probably add up to about .5 mpg increase. But the bean counters are always trying to increase fleet fuel economy.
HAHA yeah I doubt I will. The LED bar behind the grill looks really good as well :D

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A pic is usually provided when someone makes a claim like that. ;)
I'll get a good one right now. The one I took the day I installed it was really blurry. Give me 5 mins to walk to my truck and back haha.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OH definitely would. If only money wasn't an issue, this thing would be procharged already!
Ha, me too. And the fact that I've still not pushed it past half-throttle. Buuuut, a supercharger would look so good under the hood

Reaction score

How hard of a job was it to just change the grille? Did you have to remove the bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread