5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower grill on front bumper

Reaction score
Anyone ever replace just the lower grill on the front bumper? Pn 68414138AA. Does it just clip in or bolt on? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220206-163633_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220206-163633_Firefox.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 76

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Bolt on. A-lot-of-bolts on actually. :D

Check out this recent post. I've posted a how-to video for removing the bumper there. You can see this piece in the video and what is takes to get to it:

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info, I was really hoping I wouldn't need to take off the whole bumper.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you ask @Whoa_Ram, in another thread he states that he replaced the lower grill without removing the bumper

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you ask @Whoa_Ram, in another thread he states that he replaced the lower grill without removing the bumper
You are correct, you can access it through the backside. If you have that active lower air damn it's a little bit harder, but still possible. I removed it twice when trying to adjust my light bar.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I swapped my lower grill yesterday and if you have the active air dam, its 4 bolts and a connector and removing it gives you a bunch more room. The active air dam is staying off and debating on taking the regular air dam off.

Ruben705

Reaction score
I swapped my lower grill yesterday and if you have the active air dam, its 4 bolts and a connector and removing it gives you a bunch more room. The active air dam is staying off and debating on taking the regular air dam off.
I took the active and the bumper attached air dam off roughly three weeks ago. I did see a reduction in gas mileage (1-3 mpg) but the improvement in looks is well worth the tradeoff.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took the active and the bumper attached air dam off roughly three weeks ago. I did see a reduction in gas mileage (1-3 mpg) but the improvement in looks is well worth the tradeoff.
Took the attached air dam off last night, truck looks much better now

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if the active air dam accounted for more than .5 mpg. You must have changed something else at the same time...winter fuel, bigger tires, etc.

Ruben705

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if the active air dam accounted for more than .5 mpg. You must have changed something else at the same time...winter fuel, bigger tires, etc.
Didn't change anything else and I still get same octane from same gas station. So there is the possibility they changed to winter fuel not sure when that happens but I've been going there for the past 3-4 months and the air dams removal occurred about three weeks ago. I would think they would have changed to winter fuel before that but not sure.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't change anything else and I still get same octane from same gas station. So there is the possibility they changed to winter fuel not sure when that happens but I've been going there for the past 3-4 months and the air dams removal occurred about three weeks ago. I would think they would have changed to winter fuel before that but not sure.
It could be the batch of gas they got as well. I can't see that big of a difference removing the air dam, but could be wrong. In the limited driving I've done with mine removed, no difference in gas mileage.

Tdog22

Reaction score
I had a rock damage my lower grille, punched a hole in the right corner. Do you have any pics or video to show how to remove the lower grille? I was going to replace with the mesh one do I could install a lightbar behind it while I'm at it. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread