5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower Control Arm

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Was just throwing on my suspension max end links and I noticed my driver side lower control arm ball joint is leaking pretty bad . Trucks had a 3.5” ready lift since day one and I just hit 40,000 miles . Anybody have any recommendations for aftermarket ? Are they any good ? OEM is roughly 525-700 or so . Any help would be great .

IMG_5477.jpeg

raygun9

Reaction score
I had great luck with the mevotech TTX LCAs previously and they are about $200 a pop.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
After looking more into this , I just cleaned everything the best I could and took it for a ride . Turns out the axle boot is ripped , not leaking from the ball joint , sorry about that

raygun9

Reaction score
No worries. Ive replaced only one side without issue, that said if its because of the ball joint chances are the other side isnt far away from the same issue. Might save you money doing both and having only 1 alignment done.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Nickv1214

Reaction score
No worries. Ive replaced only one side without issue, that said if its because of the ball joint chances are the other side isnt far away from the same issue. Might save you money doing both and having only 1 alignment done.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks again appreciate the help

Users who are viewing this thread