5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower A-arm gouged

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1.5" level on ORP. Noticed that the knuckle is digging into the LCA at full lock and since it's all aluminum now it is actually leaving a gouge on both sides.

Y'all see this too or is it just me?

Attachments

• 20210421_160438.jpg
    20210421_160438.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 73

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2016 and 2019, both on bilstein 5100’s, did this for me as well. Not sure about how this effects anything. I did a combined 70k between the two trucks like that , the ball joints looked like they needed to be replaced on my ‘16 before I traded it at around 55K miles

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can't tell from the angle but it looks like it is the steering stop. These parts are meant to hit. Older solid axle trucks had a bolt so you could adjust the stop and help with rubbing from oversized tires (to the detriment of turn radius). Perhaps jeeps still do as they are solid, I have not looked. The independent suspension could not use the adjustable bolt as it would get sheered off when rubbing like you see.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Yep. That's from putting the wheel hard over. Mine is stock and does that a little. But only a little.
Look closely at your picture. You can see the stock (before the lift) contact patches on both the A-arm and the steering knuckle, just below the current contact patches. So it was happening before you lifted, and now that little "horn" piece on the knuckle is causing contact with the A-arm even sooner in steering component travel.

Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread