5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low Profile Running Boards

autkidd

Reaction score
My my wife’s short legs, my truck has to have running boards. I bought some drop step boards from Rough Country but just not sold on them. They look a little funny on a truck that is stock height.

So I’m looking for something that is more of a low profile set up but not stock. Anyone have any recommendations?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watch going too low profile for habit of the wife kicking the truck while getting in because they hug to tight to the bottom of truck.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my Go Rhino Dominator D6’s. They hug tight to the body and offer a good surface area for step. As noted above, just need to be aware of kicking the truck. Learn the use the step properly and it isn’t an issue. After all, it’s not a ladder rung meant for your entire foot. 🤣. IMG_1693.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1072.jpeg
    IMG_1072.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0716.jpeg
    IMG_0716.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0713.jpeg
    IMG_0713.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 28

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My my wife’s short legs, my truck has to have running boards. I bought some drop step boards from Rough Country but just not sold on them. They look a little funny on a truck that is stock height.

So I’m looking for something that is more of a low profile set up but not stock. Anyone have any recommendations?
Mopar or amp research power running boards? Goes lower to the ground and retracts close to the truck then any other running board.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
+1 on the AMP powersteps. My wife is also short, and needs them to get in and out of the truck. The AMP boards provide a ton of drop making it super easy to get in, and they fold up out of the way when not in use. They're pricey, but well worth it!
Yeah before owning electric I would never spend the coin. After owning electric, how did I go so long not buying them :rolleyes: 😂

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
+1 on the AMP powersteps. My wife is also short, and needs them to get in and out of the truck. The AMP boards provide a ton of drop making it super easy to get in, and they fold up out of the way when not in use. They're pricey, but well worth it!
The Mopar ones drop a ton too. Even my grandmother in law who just turned 83 can use them and claims it's eaysier to get into my truck then the smaller SUVs other family members have that don't use running boards.
And she complains about damn near everything.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Mopar ones drop a ton too. Even my grandmother in law who just turned 83 can use them and claims it's eaysier to get into my truck then the smaller SUVs other family members have that don't use running boards.
And she complains about damn near everything.

The AMP power boards drop about 4" lower than the Mopar boards. I've used both on a TRX and it was easier to step onto the AMP's from the ground, but more difficult getting into the truck. I prefer the deploy height of the Mopar boards. The lower height of the AMP boards will probably lead to more wear on the seat bolsters from short people dragging their butts across the seat.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The AMP power boards drop about 4" lower than the Mopar boards. I've used both on a TRX and it was easier to step onto the AMP's from the ground, but more difficult getting into the truck. I prefer the deploy height of the Mopar boards. The lower height of the AMP boards will probably lead to more wear on the seat bolsters from short people dragging their butts across the seat.

The standard AMP Powerstep drops about the same as the Mopar steps. However, they also sell a Powerstep XL for taller trucks that drops 4 inches more that their standard Powerstep.

autkidd

Reaction score
As much as I’d like to do the power boards, I just can’t justify that right now. So I opted for the GoRhino RB30 Slim. I put them on today and love them.

Attachments

• IMG_4480.jpeg
    IMG_4480.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread