5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low mileage '21

Arth

Reaction score
So Ram HAS refused to replace damaged headliners ?
Dealer got back to me and they are saying the window WAS replaced at some point, so maybe RAM did deny the headliner. I got no answer, when i asked why it wasnt on the Carfax.
Im letting this one go - hassle factor is getting too high , and im sure they are starting to lie to me !

33 gallon fuel tank is a deal breaker. Would have never made the drive to look at it. The added range is very noticeable.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So Ram HAS refused to replace damaged headliners ?
Dealer got back to me and they are saying the window WAS replaced at some point, so maybe RAM did deny the headliner. I got no answer, when i asked why it wasnt on the Carfax.
Im letting this one go - hassle factor is getting too high , and im sure they are starting to lie to me !
It depends on each case, I have seen it refused mostly, but I think SOME people might of gotten it covered.
Either way it's a dreadful repair and when it happens people want to dump the truck for good reason too because of the vital electronic part it might of fried. that truck might of been sitting for weeks\months waiting to be repaired. It's your money but I would walk on that truck until it's a god damn steal.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Those stains will disappear with some hydrogen peroxide

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
33 gallon fuel tank is a deal breaker. Would have never made the drive to look at it. The added range is very noticeable.
I kinda agree with that. My Current Laramie has the 33 gallon tank and i would definitely miss it. I dont understand anyone not adding that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Those stains will disappear with some hydrogen peroxide
The stains aren't the problem.
The leak is likely to come back, the might not of fixed the right one. Also any standing water or mold under the seats.

I would prob trade in my truck if it had that happen.

Jarrod32

Reaction score
I bought a '22 with 15k miles. It was certified; the dealer told me the prior owner traded it in for a heavy duty. It has 33 gallon tank, 3.92 axle, trailer tow package. He must have been disappointed with the low payload capacity of the Limited? Or maybe didn't like the eTorque? Either way, I got a good deal, so no complaints here.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought a '22 with 15k miles. It was certified; the dealer told me the prior owner traded it in for a heavy duty. It has 33 gallon tank, 3.92 axle, trailer tow package. He must have been disappointed with the low payload capacity of the Limited? Or maybe didn't like the eTorque? Either way, I got a good deal, so no complaints here.
I would guess the payload.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Often you can lookup the stock number without the last digit or letter to confirm. Many dealers give the trade in the same stock number as the new vehicle, but with an additional digit at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread