5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love my 2019 Ram 1500

Lslblues

Reaction score
Drove to Tampa to watch the Blues beat the Lightning. Through Orlando traffic and construction both ways. The 1500 drives great. Some friends went and they have a 2013 Ram 1500. He commented several times how great the ride was and how quiet the cab is. Its really the most comfortable, easy to drive, vehicle I've ever owned. Hemi 5.7 with 4WD and averaged 19.4 MPG doing 75-80 with 30 minutes stop and go.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I “freaked” when my brat son took my wife to a RAM dealer and instead of test driving a Jeep GC they tested the Limited. Needless to say, there’s a Ltd in the garage!
Frankly, I was not on board with a $60K truck that fit in the garage by a bare 2” but it has grown on me...(not that I had much choice after 34 yrs married).

Attachments

• A2FC44AD-72DA-44EA-B643-69A55CC581F4.jpeg
    A2FC44AD-72DA-44EA-B643-69A55CC581F4.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 80
  • F31D679D-6A1A-4045-83C1-4B47BA6435D2.jpeg
    F31D679D-6A1A-4045-83C1-4B47BA6435D2.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 81

klail

Reaction score
Yeah I “freaked” when my brat son took my wife to a RAM dealer and instead of test driving a Jeep GC they tested the Limited. Needless to say, there’s a Ltd in the garage!
Frankly, I was not on board with a $60K truck that fit in the garage by a bare 2” but it has grown on me...(not that I had much choice after 34 yrs married).
Lucky they got the short bed.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
[QUOTE
Yep. Son bought one and didn’t even check, he got the long bed however all ended well as his garage was 4’ deeper... it took them a month to tell that it was not the 5‘7, they were both parked side by side and his wife asked... duhh!
In this pic they arent side by side but they were one time.

Attachments

• 030213FA-0303-4BFD-B835-63443E1F07F1.jpeg
    030213FA-0303-4BFD-B835-63443E1F07F1.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 67

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Sadly you are right. In my garage is my Grand Cherokee Summit, fits in very well. In my driveway sits my Ram 1500. It sticks out of the garage by a foot. I'll take the Ram any day over the GC!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We went in the week before Christmas last year and bought the wifey an Overland GC, and a Limited Ram for myself. Both fit in the garage, with a little more room than the pics above.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
We went in the week before Christmas last year and bought the wifey an Overland GC, and a Limited Ram for myself. Both fit in the garage, with a little more room than the pics above.
Super choices! Scares me a bit the sheet metal costs but you don't get a 2nd chance at life...

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I’m so impressed with mine - 1000 miles a week and gets great mpg with the ORG and tires. 20K miles so far and the last few weeks have been in heavy snow, ice, freezing rain, and mud - auto 4x4 did wonders and I went wheeling up to the horse barn and it was a joy. Loads of power if you are not hot dogging it.

Really considering a second 1500 or maybe a 2019 challenger manual scatpack.

I had gone to the dealer to get a Gladiator Rubicon which I really like the idea of but I’d never buy one over the 1500 now. Better mpg and power, great off road, tons of space, panoroof is easier than the soft top, and better in every way except rock crawling which I’ll never do

BMANN06

Reaction score

Thats some funny **** ... same boat here bud.

wvinson

Reaction score
My Limited crew short bed won't fit in my garage, but my '18 Escalade ESV will with inches to spare. Go figure.

BMANN06

Reaction score
My Limited crew short bed won't fit in my garage, but my '18 Escalade ESV will with inches to spare. Go figure.
I had an older model ESV Escaldale, i think mine was a 2002 such it was a sweet highway truck. I called it the bus it was so long! ... it is wild how long these new rams are ... just from 17' to now ... i had to move my shelves at end of garage to fit the new 19' ram ***** in ... I hear yah bud .. pretty much the only time i use all the beepers and cameras and **** ..

d19r93

Reaction score
my bighorn fits in the garage with about 4" in the front and 2" in the rear. My wife had to switch me spots because the entrance to the house was on my side. I wouldn't be able to get in and out of the house if she didn't switch me. Her Accord fits much better :)

Cravenfan

Reaction score

Wow...that's tight. Tennis ball on the string trick? I have to back my beast up into my garage, as we have two poles in the middle of the two car garage and on my side is a kick out for when they added the garage onto the house, which had a fireplace. My tolerance on each side of the overhead door is just a few inches, with the mirrors folded in. It fits, but it is nerve-racking each time. I have to turn off my rear radar thing, as it will lock up and auto-brake for me. :eek:

Jim L

Reaction score
Always been a Chevy guy but not impressed with new model and they made them a tad longer and would not fit in my garage so did my research and ordered a 2020 ram Laramie quad cab As it fits in the garage with an inch to spare. I only need a quad because never use the back seat and not my daily vehicle but was not going to buy a truck with all the bells without being able to fit in my garage. Anyway, although I thought I would never be in a Ram so far love it

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Always been a Chevy guy but not impressed with new model and they made them a tad longer and would not fit in my garage so did my research and ordered a 2020 ram Laramie quad cab As it fits in the garage with an inch to spare. I only need a quad because never use the back seat and not my daily vehicle but was not going to buy a truck with all the bells without being able to fit in my garage. Anyway, although I thought I would never be in a Ram so far love it
You sir get the “too close for comfort” award! I actually have 3” clearance, due to a 3/4” plywood piece and two 1/2” poly insulation board pieces against the grill. I go up till the first one “moves” then I know the bumper is in contact. the back has maybe 1.5 inches. No tennis ball needed, just RAM it!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best vehicle out there for every day driving....unless gas hits record highs.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Best vehicle out there for every day driving....unless gas hits record highs.
Yep, agree. I wanted my wife to get a Jeep GC as my son has a Cherokee and he gets 32 mpg with the Pentstar. Instead we have the Limited 1500 hemi.
Oh well, gas isn’t that bad as far as the real cost to own these trucks. When I see fuelly’s posted that are in the 11-13 range, that would give me pause.

Users who are viewing this thread