5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love/Hate with Android Auto-No radio/sat sound when phone is plugged in! HELP

Rambiss

Reaction score
Hopefully there are some people out there that use AA as much as I do and have run into this problem before. 8.4 w/o Nav and a Google Pixel 5 using the original Google charging cable. I've been using solid for a year and run into this problem a couple of times. I never use my phone for music, I only use for texting, calls and Nav. Something changed last week. Now when I plug my phone in, the radio/sat sound goes mute. I can still hear my phone for text/calls/nav, but I like to listen to my Sirius. Anyone know if it's just a setting that I need to change or what the heck is going on.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do you have the volume turned up on your phone? I forget if it was AA or bluetooth, but one (maybe both) you need to make sure you turn the volume up on the phone.

fxdrider

Reaction score
That happens with my iPhone and CarPlay as well sometimes. My fix has been to unplug the phone, turn the radio back on and replug the phone in. Usually the second time works. It's maddening though. My VW Tiguan's CarPlay works flawlessly. They can get it right - why not Ram?

Rambiss

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I always have my phone volume all the way up, so that appears like it's not it. I've restarted, stopped/started the truck over again........all that BS. I truly hate how you get REALLY used to using AA, then the rug gets pulled from under you. At least they could have some sort of tech support we could call. PLEASE keep the ideas coming!

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried switching to a different source and then back to XM? I've lost sound before when plugging in my phone and simply switching to FM then back to XM brought it back.

BigD

Reaction score
Turn your phone off & wait a few minutes minutes & turn it back on. Worked for me when I couldn't get Android Auto to work in my truck the other day. I usually try to turn my phone off at night at least once a week. Phone works way better when I do that. I believe it's our phones, & not AA in the Ram.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Mine will sometimes play quite so I just turn the power on the head unit off and back on and it come in normal.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hopefully there are some people out there that use AA as much as I do and have run into this problem before. 8.4 w/o Nav and a Google Pixel 5 using the original Google charging cable. I've been using solid for a year and run into this problem a couple of times. I never use my phone for music, I only use for texting, calls and Nav. Something changed last week. Now when I plug my phone in, the radio/sat sound goes mute. I can still hear my phone for text/calls/nav, but I like to listen to my Sirius. Anyone know if it's just a setting that I need to change or what the heck is going on.

Make sure your settings are correct on the phone, when you plug it in, go through the prompts on the phone and make sure they weren't changed in regards to how the phone connects to the truck.

Also, try another cable just in case. It's one of the major reasons why phones/cars don't connector correctly, even an old factory cable may give you issues.

Rambiss

Reaction score
Tried switching to a different source and then back to XM? I've lost sound before when plugging in my phone and simply switching to FM then back to XM brought it back.

Funny you mention that specifically. I've tried that and noticed that when I try that, all my icons go "blank". You know what I mean, when your on Sirius the icon is darker showing it's been selected. When I switch to FM, both the SAT and FM icons stay lights and it won't let me select any icon after that.

I think I'm going to try turning off the truck radio next time it does that, as Night Rebel suggested.................I've never tried that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/