5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud Vibration/ Drone 2019 Dodge Ram 1500

Lilislandwarrior

Reaction score
Hello all,
I live in Wisconsin and own a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn, 86,500 miles. I stopped to pick up groceries and went to back out, a loud bass-like (like when a jet passes) drone sound that started on the passenger side and progressed to the driver's side. I could only describe it as "rolling."

I thought it was a) a jet, I looked out and no jet, 2) another vehicle with bass, no other vehicle 3) my own vehicle just the bass turned up, it was not and shut all music off until home.

I pulled out of the parking lot, the low drone returned and hurt my ears. It intermittently came on and off on the way home with a squeaking noise on the driver's side.

Before work, I drove it around to see if it would happen. It did not.

I did it after work with a coworker who knows about trucks and also picked me up, because I don't know what the sound was, the drone sound didn't return.

My questions are:
1) what is this droning?
2) is this safe to drive to work and back (20 min each way) until fixed?
3) would this be covered by Zurich?
4) has this happened to others and what have they done?

I'm calling the dealership tomorrow and thank you.

If you have a V8, it quite possibly could be a problem with the Active Noise Cancelling system. Try unplugging the module under the seat and see if it happens again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back