5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud squeaking almost shreaking sound when going over bumps. Can hear from front, back and both sides of truck. Coming from under truck.

Albrock

Reaction score
I just starting noticing that when I'm at slow speeds and go over bumps I hear loud shreaking/creaking sound coming from possibly my shocks. I know it's definitely coming from each tire under the truck. It's so loud, I kid you not it sounds like I'm driving a 40 year old truck. It's embarrassing. I drove with my window down today to see if you could hear it outside the vehicle and you definitely can. How can a truck with less than 15k miles on it sounds like a clunker. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of noise or know what it could be?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just starting noticing that when I'm at slow speeds and go over bumps I hear loud shreaking/creaking sound coming from possibly my shocks. I know it's definitely coming from each tire under the truck. It's so loud, I kid you not it sounds like I'm driving a 40 year old truck. It's embarrassing. I drove with my window down today to see if you could hear it outside the vehicle and you definitely can. How can a truck with less than 15k miles on it sounds like a clunker. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of noise or know what it could be?

Bring it to the dealer and get it fixed. If it's that loud and that reproducible, you shouldn't have any trouble with the dealer figuring it out.

Cord3iro_5.7

Reaction score
Bring it to the dealer and get it fixed. If it's that loud and that reproducible, you shouldn't have any trouble with the dealer figuring it out.
Any update to issue being mine in Thursday for same issue. Sounds like a 1800’s horse buggy

derp

Reaction score
are you braking when going over the bumps? try doing a hard braking a minute or so before going over the bump. does this happen all the time or intermittently?

Users who are viewing this thread