5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost power to my rearview mirror

Mehgyver

Reaction score
I've been using my rear view mirror as a power tap for my radar detector and think I may have accidentally shorted it while checking the pass through voltage through my M1 dashcam and no longer get power out. I figured I blew a fuse and as far as I can tell the fuse for that is f48a in the interior fuse box under the steering wheel. Checked the fuse and it ohms out fine, any idea what I could be missing? Are there fuse up in the over head console that could have tripped?

WiY1XC1.jpg

pflores

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I seem to be having the same problem.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know. It would be more helpful to know which fuse blew.

pflores

Reaction score
Good to know. It would be more helpful to know which fuse blew.

It was either F86 or F87 on my 2020 Ram 2500. Hopefully that helps narrowing things down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drw1332

Reaction score
It was either F86 or F87 on my 2020 Ram 2500. Hopefully that helps narrowing things down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you know the name of the fuse on the panel? Same thing happened on my 2021 3500? Not sure if my F86/F87 are the same

Users who are viewing this thread