5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost My Lifetime Warranty!

packer96

Reaction score
Just looking to see if this has happened to anyone else. In September I purchased a new 2020 1500 Ram Big Horn North Edition. I traded in my 2015 Ram 1500. Got an excellent deal I thought. Yesterday we take in my wife’s old 2012 Journey, now my son’s car, because the heat wasn’t working. When we bought this Journey new we also purchased the Lifetime MaxCare warranty with it. Anyway, after their done looking at the car, the lady says she can’t find the warranty in the system.
Today she called Chrysler and they told her the policy was canceled back in October by the customer. I said they must have canceled the warranty on the Journey instead of the remaining extended warranty on the Ram I traded in. She gave me the number to FCA and told me to call them. So I call and am told that the warranty was canceled in October by the customer. I said I made no such request. I was then told to call the dealer back and have call to reinstate it. So I call the dealer back and explain what I was told. She says she has to go to finance and try and figured out what happened.
Little bit later the dealership General manager called. He then tells me when I bought my new Ram, that one of the $3000 rebates I agreed to cancel the lifetime warranty on my Journey. I told him at no time was I informed I would lose this warranty. I never would of taken this rebate because financially it made no sense. Journey is still worth $6300. Needless to say my wife and I mad. After talking with him I called FCA to see if my warranty on the 2015 Ram was canceled because prior to this, the owner’s website showed it was still in effect and then all of a sudden it didn’t. FCA told me the Ram’s warranty was still in affect. They also confirmed they did have a rebate for people that canceled their Lifetime warranties.
Sorry for the long story, but I am wondering if anyone was aware of this rebate and took it either intentionally, or was surprised later on like myself. All we want is our
Thanks.

jimchi

Reaction score
You may want to go through your paperwork from the purchase of the Ram and verify if you did or did not sign anything forfeiting the warranty on the Journey.

packer96

Reaction score
First thing I did was go through the paperwork. Nothing.
Update:
Thankfully this is a corporate type dealership. I managed to get the corporate COO on the phone a few hours ago and explain my situation. He said he was going to look into it. Well, guess who just called apologizing if we thought he wasn’t going to help us. Said he wants to help us without getting more people involved due to communication issues. His goal is get our warranty back and he’s so sorry. He’s going to call FCA but is not very optimistic about it. I guess we’ll see what happens Monday.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just looking to see if this has happened to anyone else. In September I purchased a new 2020 1500 Ram Big Horn North Edition. I traded in my 2015 Ram 1500. Got an excellent deal I thought. Yesterday we take in my wife’s old 2012 Journey, now my son’s car, because the heat wasn’t working. When we bought this Journey new we also purchased the Lifetime MaxCare warranty with it. Anyway, after their done looking at the car, the lady says she can’t find the warranty in the system.
Today she called Chrysler and they told her the policy was canceled back in October by the customer. I said they must have canceled the warranty on the Journey instead of the remaining extended warranty on the Ram I traded in. She gave me the number to FCA and told me to call them. So I call and am told that the warranty was canceled in October by the customer. I said I made no such request. I was then told to call the dealer back and have call to reinstate it. So I call the dealer back and explain what I was told. She says she has to go to finance and try and figured out what happened.
Little bit later the dealership General manager called. He then tells me when I bought my new Ram, that one of the $3000 rebates I agreed to cancel the lifetime warranty on my Journey. I told him at no time was I informed I would lose this warranty. I never would of taken this rebate because financially it made no sense. Journey is still worth $6300. Needless to say my wife and I mad. After talking with him I called FCA to see if my warranty on the 2015 Ram was canceled because prior to this, the owner’s website showed it was still in effect and then all of a sudden it didn’t. FCA told me the Ram’s warranty was still in affect. They also confirmed they did have a rebate for people that canceled their Lifetime warranties.
Sorry for the long story, but I am wondering if anyone was aware of this rebate and took it either intentionally, or was surprised later on like myself. All we want is our
Thanks.
Thanks for the heads up. I have the Lifetime and hope I don't do anything to void it.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I don't understand why the warranty on a vehicle that wasn't any way involved in the purchase of the new truck would be cancelled when buying said new truck. Did you have to disclose what other vehicles you own? How would they know you had a lifetime warranty on a vehicle you never told them about? That seems odd to me.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I wish the life time warranty was offered in Canada when you could still get it .

packer96

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I have the Lifetime and hope I don't do anything to void it.
Glad I could help. I know I read everything I signed. The guy was getting impatient. For the life of me I don’t recall seeing it at all.

packer96

Reaction score
I don't understand why the warranty on a vehicle that wasn't any way involved in the purchase of the new truck would be cancelled when buying said new truck. Did you have to disclose what other vehicles you own? How would they know you had a lifetime warranty on a vehicle you never told them about? That seems odd to me.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
No I didn’t disclose anything. But that vehicle has been going to that dealership for warranty work since 2012. Our whole family has been loyal customers of them since the 80’s. Problem is a large conglomerate bought the place about 6 years ago and from a management perspective, it slowly has been going downhill since. When I bought my new Ram there in September, they lied to me and tried screwing me on my trade. Only reason I still bought there was I got the corporate Customer service manager involved. But it looks like they still thought they were gonna screw me. In all the time I’ve been with my wife I’ve never seen her this pissed off.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I didn’t disclose anything. But that vehicle has been going to that dealership for warranty work since 2012. Our whole family has been loyal customers of them since the 80’s. Problem is a large conglomerate bought the place about 6 years ago and from a management perspective, it slowly has been going downhill since. When I bought my new Ram there in September, they lied to me and tried screwing me on my trade. Only reason I still bought there was I got the corporate Customer service manager involved. But it looks like they still thought they were gonna screw me. In all the time I’ve been with my wife I’ve never seen her this pissed off.
Autonation by chance?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First thing I did was go through the paperwork. Nothing.
Update:
Thankfully this is a corporate type dealership. I managed to get the corporate COO on the phone a few hours ago and explain my situation. He said he was going to look into it. Well, guess who just called apologizing if we thought he wasn’t going to help us. Said he wants to help us without getting more people involved due to communication issues. His goal is get our warranty back and he’s so sorry. He’s going to call FCA but is not very optimistic about it. I guess we’ll see what happens Monday.
In my file on dealer screw-ups, this is a new one.

Hope things get fixed for you.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044824 miles.

packer96

Reaction score
In my file on dealer screw-ups, this is a new one.

Hope things get fixed for you.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044824 miles.
Thank you. I'm just glad I can share this experience so nobody else gets screwed out of a warranty.

kooz21

Reaction score
It doesn’t seem like this should be possible. Makes no sense. Hope you get it resolved.

ldoh

Reaction score
Wonder if a shady sales person saw the $3000 rebate and the 2012 Journey lifetime warranty and decided to grease the skids on the new pickup sale. Of course you're probably giving up more than $3000 to toss the extended warranty so it's not a worthwhile rebate.

Still there should have been a required customer acknowledgement signature to confirm the customer's understanding and approval of the transaction.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sales person and, or dealership get an FCA bonus for using that rebate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread