5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost it all

BigolHorn67

Reaction score
First time with this on my 21 12" system. Turned power off just before I parked, which I usually don't do, and went inside. Got back in truck about an hour later and tried to power up system with no results. Drove about 10 miles and parked. Continued to try to fix problem, even checked owners manual for suggestions. Did not power on so I went inside store and came out about 45 minutes later, tried power again and it worked.

Has anyone had this issue and if so do you know the cause?

Thanks.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First time with this on my 21 12" system. Turned power off just before I parked, which I usually don't do, and went inside. Got back in truck about an hour later and tried to power up system with no results. Drove about 10 miles and parked. Continued to try to fix problem, even checked owners manual for suggestions. Did not power on so I went inside store and came out about 45 minutes later, tried power again and it worked.

Has anyone had this issue and if so do you know the cause?

Thanks.
I haven’t heard of that one yet . I‘ve heard of other things with the 12” though . I had mine cut in and out on my way home from work once and never done it again in the 1 1/2 years since .

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine's acted up twice in the year I've owned it, both times when it had less than 1000 miles, IIRC. Shutting down the truck and starting it again fixed it both times. One time was similar to what you experienced, black screen, no response.

No issues since then, and approaching 6000 miles now. I chalked it up to software glitches; these things are basically small computers.

Users who are viewing this thread