5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Bump Stop

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Just an fyi, idk how common this would be but a few weeks ago I found this random circular plastic disc in my driveway. Didn't know what it was, I kept it around for a while in case I figured it out. Well I was watching a Youtube video and saw a guy removing his bump stop and I saw the circular disc! Turns out somehow my bump stop fell off the vehicle! Something to look out for just in case. I would never have expected that to fall off, I haven't even gone anywhere but the road so far.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just an fyi, idk how common this would be but a few weeks ago I found this random circular plastic disc in my driveway. Didn't know what it was, I kept it around for a while in case I figured it out. Well I was watching a Youtube video and saw a guy removing his bump stop and I saw the circular disc! Turns out somehow my bump stop fell off the vehicle! Something to look out for just in case. I would never have expected that to fall off, I haven't even gone anywhere but the road so far.
got a picture?

Bigbags85

Reaction score
got a picture?
Unfortunately no, but I took a screenshot of the youtube video. If you look in the center of the bump stop you can see the plastic disc. I never found the bump stop just that insert in the driveway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220613-172332.png
    Screenshot_20220613-172332.png
    399.1 KB · Views: 23

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They just sit in back.
I had 1 fall out when I was installing my exhaust (actually had more space)

Might be best to have the dealership find you a part number.

There is 1 on each side just behind the rear tires, you can pop the other one out and bring it inside.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
They just sit in back.
I had 1 fall out when I was installing my exhaust (actually had more space)

Might be best to have the dealership find you a part number.

There is 1 on each side just behind the rear tires, you can pop the other one out and bring it inside.
They put a new one in today when my truck was in having other issues looked at but thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread