5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost a lug nut

Dikky

Reaction score
Just noticed a nut missing from my rear wheel. Called dealer and it’s $29.95 for one lol. Any leads on where to get one cheaper?

Dikky

Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like that’s the right one. I’ve looked on Amazon and all I can find is complete sets so I might go that way. I can get a set of 24 for not much more than what one costs at the dealership

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like that’s the right one. I’ve looked on Amazon and all I can find is complete sets so I might go that way. I can get a set of 24 for not much more than what one costs at the dealership
I have dozens of them for 19 and 20 Ram 1500’s. If you’re in the Houston area just let me know as I’ll give you a couple for free.

myles

Reaction score
I've lost some before and the dealer has given me free ones when I go in to do oil changes. So maybe ask your dealer?

Highly recommend replacing the stock lug nuts though. They are a chrome cap pressed over a lug nut, over time the cap can spin independently of the lug nut, One of the down sides to this is that its really easy to accidently use the wrong size socket and strip the cover from the socket. Just did my 5th oil change/tire rotation and had to use a hammer to get the socket on every single lug nut... It was a major PITA. I got mine off of amazon, 14mmx1.5 lug nuts

DLT123

Reaction score
Consider buying a set of wheel locks if you don't already have them. Since they replace a lug nut on each wheel, you won't need to replace your lost lug nut, and you'll gain 3 spares.

mmcbeat

Reaction score
You might consider buying a set of four McGard locking lugs. All four and the key would be less expensive than one OEM lug from the dealer. Then you would have three spares.

mmcbeat

Reaction score
Consider buying a set of wheel locks if you don't already have them. Since they replace a lug nut on each wheel, you won't need to replace your lost lug nut, and you'll gain 3 spares.
Great minds think alike. See my post one minute after yours.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

If this is the right part, take the part # and google search until you find someone that doesn't charge a ton for shipping.
Yeah, it was $10.74 for shipping from there on a $11.83 part.
I've found that these online MOPAR suppliers (third part) **APPEAR** to have a good, reasonable price, but they soak on on the shipping, so the total overall cost isn't that good.

Dikky

Reaction score
There was already one locking nut on each wheel when I bought my truck so the dealer has my 4 spare nuts setting on a shelf somewhere lol.

U

User_3336

There was already one locking nut on each wheel when I bought my truck so the dealer has my 4 spare nuts setting on a shelf somewhere lol.
they should have just give you the whole kit with the lock.

Yotaman

Reaction score
Any reputable parts store that sells dorman products they should be able to rustle you one up for under 5$.

Users who are viewing this thread