5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loose Passenger Seat

gwatt86

Reaction score
My passenger seat, the actual seat bottom, is loose. Whenever someone is sitting in the seat and I make a turn, it pops. When I grab the bottom of the seat and push and pull up and down, there is a bar that goes across with two u-looking clamps and that seems to be where the noise is coming from. The picture attached is what you see when you look under the seat and you'll see those two clamps with the bar going through. It looks like the only way to tighten those clamps is to take the seat cover off but when I did, I couldn't find the right bit to tighten. I thought it was an allen wrench but it didn't fit. Anyone have a solution or suggestion? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• seat1500.jpg
    seat1500.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 46

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think the bar is supposed to be able to move a little in that u-clamp. My driver seat occasionally makes noise in that same area depending on how I shift my weight, usually getting in and out. Some white lithium grease or silicone spray on the bar/around the u-clamp might solve the problem

Jenny

Reaction score
My passenger seat does the same thing! Like it’s loose, I don’t have any idea how to even check it.

gwatt86

Reaction score
I had my wife push the seat back and forth to reproduce the sound and it almost seems like the metal frame attached to floor and metal frame that slides to adjust seat are rubbing together to make the sound. I’m not positive just yet. I did spray some silicone lube all over it last night but the noise is still there.

gwatt86

Reaction score
My passenger seat does the same thing! Like it’s loose, I don’t have any idea how to even check it.
What year and model do you have? If I get in the back seat, it seems to come from the back-left side of the seat.

gwatt86

Reaction score
I've continued to mess around with this to see how I could fix it and can't figure it out. There is play between the seat frame attached to the truck and the rail on the actual seat. I may have to take to the dealership. In the pic below, you can see the seat frame attached to the truck and this is what the rail attached to the seat slides on. Any other ideas from anyone?

passseat.jpg

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've continued to mess around with this to see how I could fix it and can't figure it out. There is play between the seat frame attached to the truck and the rail on the actual seat. I may have to take to the dealership. In the pic below, you can see the seat frame attached to the truck and this is what the rail attached to the seat slides on. Any other ideas from anyone?

View attachment 102050
If that channel is too big for the seat slider, a few gentle taps with a mallet should close it up a bit. Of course, that could just cause a tight spot where the seat sticks when it's being slid back and forth.

Otherwise, the seat slider should have some sort of plastic cover that goes between the seat "leg" and that channel. Maybe a newer one would be bigger and take out the slop? (It would mean getting the seat out of the channel.)

Or, if under warranty, take it to the dealer.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I had a '14 Tundra and the driver seat developed a 1/4 wiggle. I took it back to the dealership and they replaced the seat bracket no questions asked.

I would not mess with it if you are still under factory warranty. Let the dealership check it.

gwatt86

Reaction score
I'm beyond factory but I do have an extended warranty, not through the dealership though. I would assume the dealership would work my extended warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread