5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks Like I've Got The Dreaded Leak Also!

DSN46

Reaction score
Ill have to take a look at those, any good way to get at them? do they installed from the inside to outside or vice versa?
Haven't done it myself. I've seen posts on this forum on how to do it. The back seats have to come out (or least a couple of bolts taken off) to get to the vents. There is a couple of YouTube videos out there also that I watched. Keep us informed on what you end up finding!

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Haven't done it myself. I've seen posts on this forum on how to do it. The back seats have to come out (or least a couple of bolts taken off) to get to the vents. There is a couple of YouTube videos out there also that I watched. Keep us informed on what you end up finding!
Well I took the rear seat out yesterday afternoon and the wall carpet, had the wife spray the roof and back glass and found the leak, I have the tinyest of a hairline crack at the top of the slider track on the drivers side. so tiny i couldnt see it without the water coming through it, but it was pouring in. now I can see the crack plain as day that I know its there. In my case the water is coming in the crack and streaming down the edge of the slider track and then filling the lower track where the glass and cable slide in which then disperses the water throughout the back wall. there are so many additonal panels spot welded to the back wall that the water then finds its way behind those panels and then will just drip at random where ever there is a low spot.

Called the dealer for appointment and they are 15 days out at this point, hoping I can just bring it in show them the truck and photos and have them order the window proactively.

DSN46

Reaction score
Well I took the rear seat out yesterday afternoon and the wall carpet, had the wife spray the roof and back glass and found the leak, I have the tinyest of a hairline crack at the top of the slider track on the drivers side. so tiny i couldnt see it without the water coming through it, but it was pouring in. now I can see the crack plain as day that I know its there. In my case the water is coming in the crack and streaming down the edge of the slider track and then filling the lower track where the glass and cable slide in which then disperses the water throughout the back wall. there are so many additonal panels spot welded to the back wall that the water then finds its way behind those panels and then will just drip at random where ever there is a low spot.

Called the dealer for appointment and they are 15 days out at this point, hoping I can just bring it in show them the truck and photos and have them order the window proactively.
I wish you the best of luck! Good job in being proactive and seeking the problem out yourself!
James

Stryker6040

Reaction score
I wonder what changed with the back window frames on the 19+ had a 2014,2015, ram 1500s and a 2016 2500 all with rear sliding windows and none of them had this crack magically appear

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i told a guy pumpin gas at the gas station about my window history w leak, he had no clue until i showed him his two cracks on each side of the slider on the inside, 2020 ram 1500 he had, this is making me sick.

Users who are viewing this thread