5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks Like I'm Not the Only Ford Guy to Defect

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a 2003 Ford F-250 diesel that was like a member of the family. I was recently involved in a car accident on the freeway (not my fault) that sent my beloved truck to the shop. Shortly after arrival I got a phone call that the truck wasn't worth the repair and watched 11 years of family memories drive away on a flatbed.

I went looking at trucks (another pickup was the only option) and decided that it was time to go back to a 1/2 ton gasser. My first stop was the Ford dealership. The newer trucks look nice on the outside but don't have the same feel and personality on the inside...so they were out. You can't pay me to drive a General Motors product so it was off to see what the "all-new" RAM was about. I sat in one and loved it. 10 days later I found the one I wanted, drove 100 miles to the dealership, and came home with the truck in my signature.

This my first new vehicle and am looking forward to being the only owner of it. I've got a lot of catching up to do since I've been wrenching diesels for over a decade and this is my first Mopar truck (I've had two Dodge minivans and my wife has a 2010 Jeep).

wwalljr

Reaction score
Traded a ‘14 F150 Screw with Ecoboost. Which was tough to do being a Ford guy. So far....so good...I’m really enjoying this Ram so far. The interior features are excellent.

Jackham

Reaction score
I'll let you know. My new Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn is in and I am retiring my F150 Supercab, long bed 1/2 ton heavy duty ecoboost 2011 (one of the only ones like it for a long time) to ranch work and The Ram with only on box not checked will be my "fancy" truck. Anxious to pick it up.

Jackham

Reaction score
10spd Ecoturd to REBEL 12...ca$h in my wallet...ZERO regret$(y)
NO V8 dial shift 8spd or 12" screen in a Ford
RAM cabin simply destroys Ford
View attachment 21080
View attachment 21081 View attachment 21082
I have to say the ecoboost 3.5 and ten speed is a super driveline. No complaints and if towing a lot hard to beat. And my 2011 eco with 6 speed was the best at being a gentleman hooligan during the week and a hard worker on the weekend. But. I miss that V8 pure. So I decided to go back to Hemi with the full understanding with myself that the day of this kind of engine is very limited.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say the ecoboost 3.5 and ten speed is a super driveline. No complaints and if towing a lot hard to beat. And my 2011 eco with 6 speed was the best at being a gentleman hooligan during the week and a hard worker on the weekend. But. I miss that V8 pure. So I decided to go back to Hemi with the full understanding with myself that the day of this kind of engine is very limited.
There is something to be said for an old-school, mild, almost lazy, always rumbly, and only-too-happy to rev V8. Feels like the kind of engine that lasts for decades.

Users who are viewing this thread