5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like Icon is out with their 5th gen kits

Hallbag

Reaction score

For those of you waiting, looks like Icon has released their kits. From the description, they have the same part number for the front coil overs as the 4th gen but different rear shock part number. Anyone confirm this? I thought the front struts on the new gen were the issue with them being longer than previously? I still think I’ll wait for falcon since this will only provide 1.5” of front lift on my Rebel unless I go stage 2 or above.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score

For those of you waiting, looks like Icon has released their kits. From the description, they have the same part number for the front coil overs as the 4th gen but different rear shock part number. Anyone confirm this? I thought the front struts on the new gen were the issue with them being longer than previously? I still think I’ll wait for falcon since this will only provide 1.5” of front lift on my Rebel unless I go stage 2 or above.

Took them long enough. Great product but terrible service. I inquired multiple times over the last year, even when they kept showing new kits for the Chevys and it all fell on deaf ears. Then one day a few weeks back they messaged me saying they will send me the part numbers and pricing for the new 2019 kits.........after 2 more weeks they sent me the info for the 4th Gen trucks. Really frustrating.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All that and no matter what it is just a leveling kit. A very smooth riding leveling kit, but a super expensive leveling kit nonetheless.

Hallbag

Reaction score
Took them long enough. Great product but terrible service. I inquired multiple times over the last year, even when they kept showing new kits for the Chevys and it all fell on deaf ears. Then one day a few weeks back they messaged me saying they will send me the part numbers and pricing for the new 2019 kits.........after 2 more weeks they sent me the info for the 4th Gen trucks. Really frustrating.
They took a while to get back to me but at least they had correct info, told me back in Dec it would be mid-Jan.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
T
They took a while to get back to me but at least they had correct info, told me back in Dec it would be mid-Jan.

Really wish there was a way to utilize their ride technology but with more of a Mopar 2” lift height.

OC.13

Reaction score
They told me the same thing.. Glad to see they finally realeased them. I'm interested but gonna hold out and see what Carli Suspension comes out with before I pull the trigger. Performance wise you really can't beat an Icon or Carli tuned suspension system on or off road.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe their coilovers are adjustable from stock to 2.5 inch.

yeah but zero lift in the rear. So on a stock height Laramie it will still be shorter than a Rebel in the rear and only 1.5” taller up front.

Ramdo

Reaction score
They told me the same thing.. Glad to see they finally realeased them. I'm interested but gonna hold out and see what Carli Suspension comes out with before I pull the trigger. Performance wise you really can't beat an Icon or Carli tuned suspension system on or off road.
I wonder how this will be affected by the ORP? I have some spare ORP springs I had ordered for my previous truck, that I was planning to throw on the rear of my new Laramie w/ ORP, and this should add 1" to the icon in the rear. Will the front only be able to increase by 1.5" if I have the ORP currently, or will it still be a 2.5" increase?

Users who are viewing this thread