5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to replace factory tow mirrors

nate5532

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought my 2019 bighorn a couple of weeks ago and it came with the tow package/mirrors. These mirrors are huge and I do not want/need them. I am shocked at how 'dumb' these tow mirrors are - no power fold, no heat, no autodim, and no BSM.

As I am looking at replacement mirrors, is there any chance my truck is wired for heated/power fold/autodim features?

If not, could I still purchase a used mirror with those features and plug it into whatever harness is currently there? I wasn't sure if a mirror with extra features would still be compatible as a 'dumb' mirror if it had to be.

I saw the power fold mirror package on infotainment, but I can't see shoveling out $1400+ for mirrors.

Does anyone happent to have any regular (non-tow) mirrors for sale?

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought my 2019 bighorn a couple of weeks ago and it came with the tow package/mirrors. These mirrors are huge and I do not want/need them. I am shocked at how 'dumb' these tow mirrors are - no power fold, no heat, no autodim, and no BSM.

As I am looking at replacement mirrors, is there any chance my truck is wired for heated/power fold/autodim features?

If not, could I still purchase a used mirror with those features and plug it into whatever harness is currently there? I wasn't sure if a mirror with extra features would still be compatible as a 'dumb' mirror if it had to be.

I saw the power fold mirror package on infotainment, but I can't see shoveling out $1400+ for mirrors.

Does anyone happent to have any regular (non-tow) mirrors for sale?
The actual mirror units will be a direct swap but unfortunately all of the mirror features that you mentioned above will not be as simple as just plugging in a few connectors.

For all of the features to work properly, you'd likely need new door modules in addition to the mirrors. If adding power folding, you will also need a new window switch with the button that supports the power folding option if your truck doesn't already have that. Once you have all of the required pieces for the swap, you will then need to activate the relevant features in the BCM so that the truck will recognize that the new supporting hardware is present.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
all the posters who have the trailer tow mirrors would disagree with you

however if you really want to replace them
which is why IMO infotainment is the easiest option

I agree that would be the easiest option, but you also pay a premium for that convenience. If you're dead set on doing the swap, I'd suggest pricing out both options to see what the difference would amount to. The added cost, if not too substantial, could be worth the relatively headache free experience.

I'm in the process of swapping out my non-power folding tow mirrors with factory power folding tow mirrors with BSM. Even with sourcing all of my own parts, it is still proving to be a costly swap.

You could probably recoup some of your money by selling your existing mirrors though. I'm sure someone in here would be more than happy to take your "dumb" mirrors off of your hands!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
all the posters who have the trailer tow mirrors would disagree with you

I'd be one, especially since mine have all of those features. Got to do your homework before buying, but with enough effort or money or both he can get what he wants.

Best of luck to OP.

Users who are viewing this thread