5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking to purchase seeking advise

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you looked at KBB and NADA to see what they claim it's worth, just for reference? I usually start there.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Seems like a clean truck and deal. Check the tires to see if they are wearing evenly and not choppy. That will give you an idea if there are any suspension issues. The original tires were Duratracks. Also ask if all Recalls were done and TSB's.

Swan Holo

Reaction score
Have you looked at KBB and NADA to see what they claim it's worth, just for reference? I usually start there.
1712761162962.png

If i were to be looking into buying this truck from a private party the price range is 36,997 - 41,042 so this truck seems to be priced ok and the just dropped it down from 41,000. Its also sitting at a subaru dealer and they usually dont sell many trucks on this lot. Having never purchased a Ram truck before just curious what i should be looking at.

Swan Holo

Reaction score
Seems like a clean truck and deal. Check the tires to see if they are wearing evenly and not choppy. That will give you an idea if there are any suspension issues. The original tires were Duratracks. Also ask if all Recalls were done and TSB's.
1712761441045.png

I will need to call the dealer and find out more about this Recall , is this a very common issue with the Etorque ?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 180813

If i were to be looking into buying this truck from a private party the price range is 36,997 - 41,042 so this truck seems to be priced ok and the just dropped it down from 41,000. Its also sitting at a subaru dealer and they usually dont sell many trucks on this lot. Having never purchased a Ram truck before just curious what i should be looking at.
Check headliner at rear for stains, cracked rear window frame, notice any musty smells inside, Flip rear seat up and look under for mold or anything, listen to engine bay for leaking exhaust from broken manifolds or studs.

Make sure THEY do any recalls, so it doesn't take your time up.

mplaramie

Reaction score
View attachment 180814

I will need to call the dealer and find out more about this Recall , is this a very common issue with the Etorque ?
It's typical. There is a ton of software/electronics on these trucks.

If you do buy the truck, you should contact @Zach@granger for an extended warranty through Mopar. Its worth it for peice of mind....

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anything used, get a pre-purchase inspection.

Based on the age and year, it's still under the powertrain warranty, but lots of other things not covered, check that everything works and as mentioned above, look for that rear window leak and definitely consider an extended warranty.

Must take it on a good test drive, check to see how the tranny shifts, steering, braking, etc. Then look at every single body panel, check for previous damage, most services like Carfax don't actually report every accident. I

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally think it's high. Just priced mine out on KBB with a "Very Good" rating as it doesn't have any scratches/dings. I have more options than that truck including the moon roof, 12" screen, bed liner, parking sensors/assist, trailer brake, plus the addons (don't know how much it affects) like "premium wheels", oversized tires, side steps, etc.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but if there aren't little buttons on the front door handles that truck is NOT "keyless" entry in the mindset of "leave your keys in your pocket to get in the truck". You'll have to lock/unlock with the fob.

Here's the window sticker: https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFLT9MN652977

1712763286403.png

Swan Holo

Reaction score
I personally think it's high. Just priced mine out on KBB with a "Very Good" rating as it doesn't have any scratches/dings. I have more options than that truck including the moon roof, 12" screen, bed liner, parking sensors/assist, trailer brake, plus the addons (don't know how much it affects) like "premium wheels", oversized tires, side steps, etc.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but if there aren't little buttons on the front door handles that truck is NOT "keyless" entry in the mindset of "leave your keys in your pocket to get in the truck". You'll have to lock/unlock with the fob.

Here's the window sticker: https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFLT9MN652977

View attachment 180815
from talking to the dealer friend that i have purchased numerous cars with at this dealer it sounds like the dealer might be into the truck for a certain price that they dont want to go below so they dont take a loss. Again non of that is my problem so ill wait them out to see if the price makes more sense .

M3forged

Reaction score
I think it's a bit high too. I just bought a 21 Rebel, that came with more packages, 24k miles and I paid $45k.

Swan Holo

Reaction score
well somebody bought it before i could get down too it if a mod wants to delete this thread.

thanks for all the helpful information

edgarrian

Reaction score
Some quick advice. If you see a vehicle that your truly interested in buying. Do some research before you go to the dealer. Do not settle on the price they are offering. There is ALWAYS room to wiggle. Everything is up for haggling as well. Warranties, free oil changes, not paying documentation fee. Go in with a goal and see how close you can get on the purchasing price of the truck. Then get a discounted warranty. Get free oil changes. It can be uncomfortable for some to do this. I find it fun. Last but not least. A vehicle is a vehicle. Never fall in love with one. Walk out at any time they are not wiling to come down. You would be surprised how many times I have been called back the next day by the salesman saying he would agree to my price point. Typically this is when im getting mad b/c you just wasted my time from the prior day. I typically request for more be taking off the price since i have to drive back in and **** away another few hours. If the rest of my demands are not meant by phone. Then he doesn't close the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread