5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to order a Rebel - your thoughts on this build?

Snwjnky

Reaction score
I would highly advise test driving one with the start/stop and adaptive cruise control. I was not able to find a Ram with it, but in my experience adaptive cruise control is a deal breaker for me. If the front sensors aren't working for any reason (light mist, dust, fog, etc) then you can't use cruise control.
It'll have both regular cruise, and adaptive cruise. My Rebel does. Also I believe the adaptive uses a sensor behind the rear view mirror where the lane keep is. Not the ones on the bumper for parking. The wipers will at least keep the windshield clear for those conditions. I haven't had a chance to try it in foggy conditions yet. Not sure I would trust it. Might be fine. So far I like it.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It'll have both regular cruise, and adaptive cruise. My Rebel does. Also I believe the adaptive uses a sensor behind the rear view mirror where the lane keep is. Not the ones on the bumper for parking. The wipers will at least keep the windshield clear for those conditions. I haven't had a chance to try it in foggy conditions yet. Not sure I would trust it. Might be fine. So far I like it.

I tried adaptive on the highway in heavy rain

Did well with cars/suvs but the amount of water the transports were kicking back didn’t seem to impact it that much but it kept me closer to those than I would like in those conditions

NJC1684

Reaction score
I tried adaptive on the highway in heavy rain

Did well with cars/suvs but the amount of water the transports were kicking back didn’t seem to impact it that much but it kept me closer to those than I would like in those conditions
Was that with the distance set all the way back?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's good news about the adaptive cruise. Like I said, I never found a Rebel to test drive with it, but my experience with Nissan's version has been absolute hate. No joke I drove a 2020 Titan that had it, and it wouldn't let you disable it. Drove back to the dealer, said "no thanks", and left.

Hallbag

Reaction score
So the adaptive has worked perfectly under all conditions for me for two FCA vehicles now. For those that are worried, there is a “normal” cruise control button that you can run with if you so desire. Also, it is a separate radar from the front parking sensors, so it’s a different system and not as susceptible to road spray, dirt, etc.

Anyone who puts highway miles on their truck, I highly recommend. Traffic or high-speed, both work. If you only do two lane roads or local streets, not as effective.

Users who are viewing this thread