5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to buy a replacement LH mirror - store.mopar vs moparfactoryparts

nemecham

Reaction score
So yesterday on my way home from work, I was minding my own business when a truck with extended tow mirrors crossed over the center lane and our mirrors gave each other a high-five. My window was rolled down, so the force of the impact caused my mirror to disconnect from the housing and rocket into the cab of my truck. Luckily, I was driving with my hand at the 12:00 position, so my arm took the brunt of it. If not for that, it would have likely hit me in the neck/face area which would have been much worse. The glass from the mirror covered the entire interior of the truck including front seats, center console, dash, windshield, back seats and so on. The mirror landed on top of the cup holders in the center console. The guy knew it was his fault so he took off. There was a local sheriff a few cars back at a stop so I tried to flag him down, but he just stared as he drove passed. So now I am on the hunt for a new driver side mirror and more than likely a dashcam too. I called my local RAM dealership and they wanted $1327.38 for the mirror which seems like highway robbery to me. They were at least nice enough to give me the part number that matches my VIN (6YJ65KXJAB) so I could look elsewhere.

I started with the mopar app (store.mopar.com) and found that they wanted $994 for the complete mirror which is better, but still more than what I am wanting to pay. I then came across moparfactoryparts.com which has the same part on sale with a 34.6% discount, which brings the total price to $649.64. I am ok with this price, but am wondering if the site is legit. It seems that the two sites share the same inventory numbers, but site logins are different. I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger. Have any of you ordered parts from moparfactoryparts.com?

Attachments

• store.mopar vs moparfactoryparts 2023-05-11_14-18-21.png
    store.mopar vs moparfactoryparts 2023-05-11_14-18-21.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 14

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I needed one for my 4th Gen Laramie I found a great used one on Ebay. Sometimes guys pull the factory mirrors off and put towing or other aftermarket mirrors on and then sell the originals. Easy replacement and mine was about $400 for the complete assembly so saved a bunch off new. Worth checking out that option.

nemecham

Reaction score
These are both great suggestions. I dug into the moparfactoryparts and about 90% of the reviews were negative. I found a full replacement on ebay for $275. Hopefully it works as well as described.

Loudram

Reaction score
Check out allmoparparts.com They are an authorized vender on another Ram forum I belong to. I've dealt with them a few times. PM me if you want a direct contact from there.

nemecham

Reaction score
I was able to find a decent deal on ebay - $300 shipped which made me pretty happy. While waiting for the new mirror to arrive, I had to remove the old mirror as I still needed to drive the truck, but didn't want to do so with the original mirror hanging by the wires. As a result, my check engine light came on and I got the message "blind spot monitor temporarily unavailable". I guess the truck doesn't know the new mirror has been installed yet...? I was able to clear the engine code with my BlueDriver OBD tool. Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue with the BSM.
The BSM light stays lit on the passenger mirror while there is no light on the driver side. I tried disconnecting the battery (+ and -) for an amount of time and was greeted by the anti-theft system on my u-connect screen when I re-connected it. Luckily, it seems to have reset itself overnight and I once again have access to all the vehicles settings via the touchscreen.
Regarding the BSM, Have any of you run into this before? Do you think a canbus reset might resolve the issue? I called the dealer and they wanted me to drop off the vehicle for 3-4 hours and said that they would not acknowledge the warranty as the mirror was not replaced by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/