5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to add 1.5” in the rear.

TDHawks

Reaction score
A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Last year I installed the Eibach leveling shocks on the front and set them at 3, which was 1.8" to level the truck. I want to go back and take it up to 4 and have the truck sit at 2.75" high in the front. First off, if I do this, would I need new UCA's?

Secondly, in the rear, would I be able to get away with a 1.5" spacer/puck or do I need to go the route of new springs and/or shocks like I did in the front? I’m essentially doing a 2.75/3” lift.

This is all city driving with nothing offroad.

Thanks for the help.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Last year I installed the Eibach leveling shocks on the front and set them at 3, which was 1.8" to level the truck. I want to go back and take it up to 4 and have the truck sit at 2.75" high in the front. First off, if I do this, would I need new UCA's?

Secondly, in the rear, would I be able to get away with a 1.5" spacer/puck or do I need to go the route of new springs and/or shocks like I did in the front? I’m essentially doing a 2.75/3” lift.

This is all city driving with nothing offroad.

Thanks for the help.
Motofab rear 1.5 inch spacer works well.
Can keep same springs and shocks.
On my truck.

Rightside

Reaction score
I had the Eibach put on today, at the top notch, directions show 1.8 inch for a 4x4. I got a full 2 inch to 2 1/4 depending on which side I measure. Kind of aggravated. I wanted 1/4 to 1/2 of rake, now passenger side is nearly 1/4 higher and driver is almost dead level, which means if I put people or things in the back it will sag. Will call Eibach tomorrow.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Eibach put on today, at the top notch, directions show 1.8 inch for a 4x4. I got a full 2 inch to 2 1/4 depending on which side I measure. Kind of aggravated. I wanted 1/4 to 1/2 of rake, now passenger side is nearly 1/4 higher and driver is almost dead level, which means if I put people or things in the back it will sag. Will call Eibach tomorrow.
It's not going to sag if you put people or things in it. Only if you overload it.

TDHawks

Reaction score
Here are the instructions.

My mechanic told me after he put them on that we could go higher. My truck is perfectly level right now. If I go to level 4, it should add essentially another inch, correct? I’m confused on the 2 vs 4wd settings below as the truck is obviously a 4wd.

Did he tell me wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_6019.jpeg
    IMG_6019.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 18

Rightside

Reaction score
I am calling Eibach for clarification. Not sure why it would be different for 2 or 4 wheel drive. Bilstein and others do not have separate settings.

Rightside

Reaction score
Seems like a logical fix. Did not mean to hicjack the OP's thread. From what I understand from reading other places, Eibach changed their install instructions and strut settings in the past year or more. Weird.

I will look for some ORP gem springs.

Rightside

Reaction score
Then it's over loaded. Adding the suspension did not reduce your tongue weight or load capacity. Get a wdh or airlift 1000 bags. Fix you right up.
No it’s not “overloaded” Every truck will drop in the rear when put under a load, even a small load. A 1200lb trailer will not overload a Ram 1500. Overloaded is surpassing the tow capacity or GVWR.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No it’s not “overloaded” Every truck will drop in the rear when put under a load, even a small load. A 1200lb trailer will not overload a Ram 1500. Overloaded is surpassing the tow capacity or GVWR.
Originally said people. A trailer is not people. What did you really expect when you put the level on? It happens to all of us when you put a heavy load on the tongue.

Rightside

Reaction score
Originally said people. A trailer is not people. What did you really expect when you put the level on? It happens to all of us when you put a heavy load on the tongue.
You are correct. Why I wanted 1/2 to 3/4 of rake still but didn't turn out that way. This is the 5th or 6th truck/suv I have leveled and only time I got more height than advertised. My gen 4 came out perfect and when towing was leveled out. Will likely put on ORP springs and have 1' or little less rake. Can't find anything to give 1/2 in rear. Poor choice of words on my park originally.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are correct. Why I wanted 1/2 to 3/4 of rake still but didn't turn out that way. This is the 5th or 6th truck/suv I have leveled and only time I got more height than advertised. My gen 4 came out perfect and when towing was leveled out. Will likely put on ORP springs and have 1' or little less rake. Can't find anything to give 1/2 in rear. Poor choice of words on my park originally.
Understood. Happens to me as well. As I said, a weight distribution hitch or air bags or a combo of both will fix you right up. You can get the airbags on Amazon for $100 delivered. Takes about 45 minutes to install. Keep them at about 5psi when unloaded and pump them up before hitching up and you can keep your level and be happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread